Gaming Finally Got Smash to Run

webjedi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably some long thread about this somewhere but I poked around the forum for about an hour today at work
wink.gif
and didn't see this mentioned.

To get SSBB to run I need to play another game first, then quit it, then put in SSBB - then it works. Once done I need to pull the power on the Wii to play SSBB again. I can't play SSBB and stop and then start playing again. I can't play SSBB, then stop, play another game, then play SSBB again. The Wii must be power cycled, then play another game, then SSBB. The other game to play first can be a DVD-R, not necessary to be an original.

Yeah, crazy.

I tested it out to prove it true for me. 100% of the time doing that the game starts - trying ANY other combination the game fails.

Tried with Verbatim and Memorex DVD+R DL and same with both. Burnt using the instruction in post #14 here.

Anyone got a work around or just me and a wacky Wii?

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ohhh.... interesting XD
just out of curiosity, what happens if you do put brawl in first? does it not play or is it one of the errors.

i wish my brawl problems could be solved so easily
sleep.gif

webjedi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serpenter said:
ohhh.... interesting XD
just out of curiosity, what happens if you do put brawl in first? does it not play or is it one of the errors.

i wish my brawl problems could be solved so easily
sleep.gif

If I do SSBB first it shows up in channel window, I click start and it goes to screen showing "now loading..." in bottom left side for several seconds then goes to a white screen and stops. No errors, just locked on white screen. Nothing can reset the Wii other then a power cycle. So I recycle, start up, put in a copy of another game, start it up that game, once loaded and ready to play I click back to the Wii home screen, remove other game and put in SSBB - this time it'll continue past the "now loading..." and play.

Sperenvanger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried this method and sadly it didn't work for me. I'm still stuck at the white screen after Loading... is complete. Back to my DVD5.

The disc I used is a Verbatim dual layer (MKM001) made in India burned with a Pioneer 111D. It reads perfectly in my friends launch Wii (with WiiKey) but not in my D2C Wii with Argon 1.8.
frown.gif

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
my SSBB showed me an error today after the loading, it wasn't a disc read error or anything, just said there was an error with black font on a white background and that I should read the Wii manual for more info...like that's ever going to solve anything.
I couldn't reset my Wii or turn it off so I had to unplug the power, the game worked fine after that, I play this game A LOT and this is the only time it's done that.

And guys, try loading SSBB with the Detal Freeloader, that fixes a different problem, but it might work for your white screen problems too.

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The white screen after loading, I also get that, but just for a split second before the intro movie. Maybe it can't read the movies until it's warmed up? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.