Homebrew Finally got my Pokemon R/B/Y Save data back but...

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I switch SD cards, the save data once again goes corrupt and I have to restore it via SVDT by deleting the "SecureValue" file. I have no idea how to resolve this. Does anyone know? This even affected my Nintendo Badge Arcade data as well. Nintendo really needs to fix this stupid data issue with SD cards because it's really bad and why they don't implement cloud saves is beyond me!

Last edited by 03bgood,

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Pretty sure this is normal, Its implemented as a way to stop save injection (Common for Pokemon Games to stop PKHex but lol they did a bad job blocking it)

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this is normal, Its implemented as a way to stop save injection (Common for Pokemon Games to stop PKHex but lol they did a bad job blocking it)
So now whenever I change SD cards, I need to ALWAYS have homebrew and SVDT so I don't get screwed out of my R/B/Y save data, right?

I do have the system updates blocked, because I always go to the eShop and download SNES VC games, when they are released.

Last edited by 03bgood,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have different saves for RBY on both SD cards, then you're triggering the anti-save-rollback. Prevents cloning in games like AC:NL, Sm4sh (for coins?), and Pokemon games. So this is entirely intentional behavior and it's a user error. Otherwise there's no reason for it to trigger.

Reactions: Drakia

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did download them on another SD card, but didn't save. After the data corruption message came up on the SD card I use, I deleted them from the other one but the message still showed up, so I used SVDT again and deleted the "SecretValue" files.

I think that's why they went corrupt a couple of months ago. I did download Red, Blue, and Yellow on my other SD card and it still had the saves. I deleted them "in-game" and then when I switched back to my other SD card. I went to try to play the games at a later date, and the message showed up on all 3 games, ugh! I can't believe Game Freak is that desperate, when it comes to save data on 18-20 year old Pokemon games!

Took me a long time to figure out how to use SVDT. Just last night, I finally restored them but once I switched my SD card, I downloaded them on a separate one. When I switched back, the message returned but I once again used SVDT to fix the issue. So I guess you can't have more than one copy of R/B/Y, which sucks, since you can only have 1 save file per game. Hopefully when I transfer my caught Pokemon to Pokemon Bank, then I can start over again.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol