Finally got my DS Lite back (from Nintendo Repair)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by nintendofreak, Jan 14, 2007.

1. nintendofreak
    OP

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    I sent my Lite about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't been home since. I got home, and found that Nintendo Had shipped my repair order back [​IMG]

It looks like a new DS Lite, but im stuck with a Stuck pixel (and its bright green too--eek)

Has ANYONE had any success with any suck pixel-fixer's?

Thankee [​IMG]

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Some people have reported success. One person said it helps to "massage" the screen while running the fixer.

edit: I've also heard that stuck pixels can sometimes be fixed, but dead pixels cannot.

3. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    did u charge it before you turned it on ?

4. nintendofreak
    OP

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    nope, it seems the battery was fully charged when I got it back. Does that make a difference? [​IMG]

5. Destructobot

United States
    It supposedly reduces the amount of charge the battery can hold if you don't charge fully before turning the system on for the first time. It shouldn't have anything to do with the screen.

6. glitchbit

Member glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    with lithiums it is not good to fully deplete them. Always recharge them as often as you can to help extend their life. If you constantly deplete them 100% they will start to only charge at 70% capacity. Where as if you charge them consistently they will charge somewhere in the 90% percents. But over time you probably will reach 70% regardless and the lithium at some point may start to purposely not charge (safety feature or we want more money feature?) And then you'll have to get a new battery.

Copiers do the something, think all your toner is gone? Probably not, you may have like 1/3 to 1/2 still in there, all you need to do is find the blown fuse and replace it. The machine purposely busts the fuse to force you to get a new toner cartridge.

7. Destructobot

United States

8. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Just a point: I remember reading somewhere that hardware manufacturers build their hardware so that it's not actually possible to fully deplete a Lithium-ion battery. There's a built-in protective circuit so that, despite us seeing a red light and the console turning off, some of the battery charge still remains (reference 4 in the Wikipedia article)