Finally got HBC installed but need couple more answers!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by flashgordon, Nov 14, 2008.

1. flashgordon
    OP

Newcomer flashgordon Member

United States
    Ok, i got the HBC installed using the twilight hack which was like the easy homebrew installer..anyways what other programs do i need and how do i add them?Can i add them after the tp hack was installed or can i just use the hbc to play the backups or do i need a backup loader or is that what the hbc is? Because, I didnt add no wads or ciosos or whatever there called and im curious if i can still add them n how n what programs or whatever there called do i need or need to play backups??Great help on the forums by the way!

2. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    download the files from taz's sig. these noobs should use the SEARCH BUTTON!!!! [​IMG]

3. flashgordon
    OP

United States
    Ok, why do i need the oct 23 update or w/e it is? I read about it but not getting the whole point of it? Cant i just use the first link on djtazs sig or wtf is the sig of installing the oct 23 update?

4. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    the oct 23 update is only needed if you use the weather or news channel.....make sure u use the hacked one

5. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    .wad = channels on your system menu, or hidden aplications like DVDx (for playing DVD's on your Wii)
    cIOS = Custom Internal Operative System, the Wii can have 255 of them, each one is called acording to the Disc Game or aplication, in the case of the Backup Launcher, we use IOS249, you need to install it, so the Backup Launcher can use it and make your Backup discs to run, BTW the cIOS can be in .wad or .dol format, try using the .wad if you don't know very well, and search/download the Wad Manager 1.3 to install these ones, everything is in Taz's signature, the Oct_23rd installation is if you haven't update your Wii after that date, is everything clear..?? [​IMG]

7. flashgordon
    OP

United States
    Ok i have 3.1 u can i still use the cios_247-v6_rr for this f/w without bricking or what??And if im not mistaken i install the cios first...and then run backup launcher correct??And is there a way i can install starfall on 3.1 or whatnot?