Hardware Finally got 2gb pro duo for PSP...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since I was getting a little fed up with my 1gb memory stick not working with ISOs over the 1gb limit, I finally went and bought one from ebay. I did hear a little about about how there are fake memory sticks but what are the differences, performance wise, between fakes and the real ones?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy shit, I did buy a real one. It worked with Devhook 0.44 and I played Field Commander perfectly (not a patch on Advance Wars). The "downside" I found that made me question was that the package constantly states that I will only be able to access 1.8gb. Loaded up in PSP and found that it's more 1.9gb. Wahey. An extra few mb. I still think it would be better to back it up incase it goes into corrupt memory.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fake ones will work as well, biggest thing that you run into is random corruption down the road and some speed inconsistencies throughout time. But some have reported great success with some fake ones and some bitch like no tomorrow. Luck of the draw once again, gotta love quality control. =)

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a fake one, and it's the slowest fucking thing ever. It took more than an hour to transfer an extracted iso (DJ MAX Portable, 920 MB or something like that).

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything seems to be running fine. Transfered some manga without any slowdown. Played Taiko No Tatsujin 2 on it but it did slowdown a little bit in some places. There's a lot more games I'm now wanting to test. Thank god for Devhook. Without it, my PSP would've been sold off.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, I did buy a real one. It worked with Devhook 0.44 and I played Field Commander perfectly (not a patch on Advance Wars). The "downside" I found that made me question was that the package constantly states that I will only be able to access 1.8gb. Loaded up in PSP and found that it's more 1.9gb. Wahey. An extra few mb. I still think it would be better to back it up incase it goes into corrupt memory.

So weird, I just got a 2 gig duo for the first time yesterday, put Devhook 0.44 on it and Field Commander
smile.gif

I had been using the 32 meg stick that came with it to run homebrew on previously.

I got mine for $50 shipped after taxes, shipping, and rebates from ecost.com

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be running fine. Transfered some manga without any slowdown. Played Taiko No Tatsujin 2 on it but it did slowdown a little bit in some places. There's a lot more games I'm now wanting to test. Thank god for Devhook. Without it, my PSP would've been sold off.

I won't slow down if you don't ciso anything. And if you want a real speed boost, flash the font files and some init files onto the nand. This works good if you're having problems with slowdowns.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, the Taiko No Tatsujin 2 game was in CISO format. It transfered without a problem but it was in game that the slowdowns are happening. Is this normal for CISO?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I paid about £20 for my fake sony 2gb memory stick. I was really happy with it and I knew it was a fake before it arrived because of the price. All I've found on my 2gb is it seems to take a little longer to write the games onto the stick than it did using my 1gb sandisk, games run at full speed.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2GB Sandisk pro duo at my local Gamestation: £50
2GB Sony pro duo from ebay: £25

Good enough for me. My original 1gb Sandisk pro duo was bought from Hong Kong in 2005 and it's lasted me good enough.

al-ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i got a 2gb off ebay aswell, it works so its real enough to me
tongue.gif

Never had any problems with speed and putting games on it takes no time.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the Taiko No Tatsujin 2 game was in CISO format. It transfered without a problem but it was in game that the slowdowns are happening. Is this normal for CISO?

Yes that is normal, either lower the compression level or use a ripkit (or rip the updates and link files yourself) to avoid situations like that. You could also try setting devhook to run @ 333mhz to see if that makes a difference, I always run @ 333mhz if I can unless it's some low intensity game like sudoku. I don't play with enough PSP games @ once so I keep all isos untouched and carry around 2 memory sticks setup with my custom firmware and settings (pspradio = a must).

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Recently bought a Sony 2GB from eBay, took 17 days to arrive from Hong Kong but for £24 you can't go wrong. I've checked it at various websites and it is actually genuine. The only slowdowns I've noticed is with a RIP version of Daxter in CISO format, the slowdowns in that are pretty damn annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1