OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.qj.net/Nintendo-announces-more-...g/49/aid/117083

This is what we have all been waiting for. Nintendo has finally listened to us about something...next we would like a HD attachment and a better online service. Hit the link for more details and for lazy people, check the spoiler below. KTNXBAI.

One big advantage the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have against the Wii is their downloadable game updates via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.

As the Avenue Q goes, however, that's only for now. Nintendo is sending word that they're preparing to launch the Wii Want More service for the Wii Shop Channel, enabling players to add new downloadable content for the titles they own.

To kick off the service's launch this May 13, the company will be adding new content to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The update pack will carry four new to-be-disclosed characters, and two new stages, and will be distributed for free for the first month of Wii Want More's launch.

The pack will continue to be available after the promo for a price of US$ 10.00. We're not sure, but does this mean Sakurai-san decided to relax his stance regarding this sort of thing?

Aside from SSBB, Nintendo will also be offering additional content for 26 other games, including Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Kart Wii. And as was hinted by news from Japan, the WiiWare games will also be getting their own share of DLC via this service. That's all the details Nintendo was willing to announce for the moment. Drop by again in case we receive any more updates regarding this big news.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Was pretty damn obvious it was coming ... especialyl after the DLC for FFCC Wii in Japan.

Good to have confirmation, though ... thanks.

My understanding in the beginning was that DLC would be for WiiWare only. Quite unspectacular. But this is big...I can only imagine the speculation on who the new SSBB characters will be...

Megaman....pls god...

Edit: Oh Opium...I pray that you aren't correct...

I hadn't even thought of that...but it's only the 31st...they'd be breaking the rules...

exiva

Trophies
Website
tmbl.in
XP
Country
United States
Now all we need is Downloadable Content for RockBand. Get on this Harmonix!!! (How can they release a RockBand game without Online Play or DLC!?!
hate2.gif
)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
You can tell the story isn't true from the first two words on the headline: "Nintendo announces..."

Nintendo haven't announced anything, nor has the story linked to a source. The story is FAKE

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah fuck that, Johnatton is right, it's probably just some jerks pulling off an early April fools joke...
Seriously, is it even technically possible to add DLC to games that weren't specifically designed for it?
Nintendo would have announced such a feature right away if it was included in games like Twilight Princess...

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:
You can tell the story isn't true from the first two words on the headline: "Nintendo announces..."

Nintendo haven't announced anything, nor has the story linked to a source. The story is FAKE

You heartbreaker you...I hadn't even given it a thought...nor did I know what the date was.

I feel silly now
frown.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is so April Fools!

C'mon guys, how would the games detect DLC if they are not already prepared?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah well ... the dream was there, for a moment lol

Still, we know DLC is coming, as I said earlier, they have announced Pay-to-Play content for FFCC Wii, and that subscriber karaoke game ... I forget the name, at the moment.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh for most of this week the "user submitted news" is gonna be full of fake crap posted by people who can't tell the difference.

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
People dont beleive this bull its fake. There is no way Nintendo is going TO SUPERAWESOME!!!!! to have downloadble content, espically for Brawl even when Sakuri speficly said that THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR BRAWL.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
You'd have to be a fool for being duped into believing this. Nintendo's DLC service starts with the WiiWare FFCC title and goes on from there, wherever you see the RED wifi logo (pay-per-play)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse