Hacking FINALLY! After roughly a month, my SDGecko arrived. Now what?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install Swiss...

I downloaded the files. Do I put the files on my Wii SD or my SDGecko SD? Where do I put sourcecode? Just a sourcecode folder?

Is Swiss compatible with SDHC card? IMPORTANT because I need to know if I need to get a new SD card.

Do I need to put the gamecube ISO on my SD card ANYWHERE or in a certain folder?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As swiss is a GC program you need to use wiipowers swiss booter to start swiss itself. You don't need the sourcecode to run the program....just the .dol executable

Swiss works with SOME SDHC cards, I have 2 8gb cards one is sandisk class 2 (This one works) other is A-data class 8 (This one doesn't get recognized)

Gamecube ISO's would go on the root of the sd card that's in your sd gecko.

I never had much luck with Swiss, it only kinda works and still requires a disc in the drive at all times. Maybe you will have a better experience

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some help... Well for people who don't know, I figured it out.

I downloaded the files. Do I put the files on my Wii SD or my SDGecko SD? Where do I put sourcecode? Just a sourcecode folder? You don't need the sourcecode folder. Only Apps, put it on your Wii HBC SD card.

Is Swiss compatible with SDHC card? IMPORTANT because I need to know if I need to get a new SD card. Fully compatible with SDHC.

Do I need to put the gamecube ISO on my SD card ANYWHERE or in a certain folder? Anywhere.

I even booted a game. Works perfectly.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really does seem to depend on the card. My 4gb Transcend class 6 isn't recognized at all. My 8gb A-data class 6 is recognized and allows me to navigate through card, but won't actually boot any games, just a black screen. I tried untouched scene releases of both Wario World and Wind Waker which were confirmed working in another post. I just got a SDGecko as well, and frankly, the whole situation is starting to drive me a little batty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.