FINALLY! After roughly a month, my SDGecko arrived. Now what?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aijelsop, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    I am trying to install Swiss...

I downloaded the files. Do I put the files on my Wii SD or my SDGecko SD? Where do I put sourcecode? Just a sourcecode folder?

Is Swiss compatible with SDHC card? IMPORTANT because I need to know if I need to get a new SD card.

Do I need to put the gamecube ISO on my SD card ANYWHERE or in a certain folder?

2. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    As swiss is a GC program you need to use wiipowers swiss booter to start swiss itself. You don't need the sourcecode to run the program....just the .dol executable

Swiss works with SOME SDHC cards, I have 2 8gb cards one is sandisk class 2 (This one works) other is A-data class 8 (This one doesn't get recognized)

Gamecube ISO's would go on the root of the sd card that's in your sd gecko.

I never had much luck with Swiss, it only kinda works and still requires a disc in the drive at all times. Maybe you will have a better experience

3. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Some help... Well for people who don't know, I figured it out.

I downloaded the files. Do I put the files on my Wii SD or my SDGecko SD? Where do I put sourcecode? Just a sourcecode folder? You don't need the sourcecode folder. Only Apps, put it on your Wii HBC SD card.

Is Swiss compatible with SDHC card? IMPORTANT because I need to know if I need to get a new SD card. Fully compatible with SDHC.

Do I need to put the gamecube ISO on my SD card ANYWHERE or in a certain folder? Anywhere.

I even booted a game. Works perfectly.

4. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    It really does seem to depend on the card. My 4gb Transcend class 6 isn't recognized at all. My 8gb A-data class 6 is recognized and allows me to navigate through card, but won't actually boot any games, just a black screen. I tried untouched scene releases of both Wario World and Wind Waker which were confirmed working in another post. I just got a SDGecko as well, and frankly, the whole situation is starting to drive me a little batty.

5. Aijelsop
    OP

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    @Skater4599, sorry, we posted at the same time, so I didn't mean "Some help" to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice