Finally! A new EFA update :-D

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chazmann, Jun 5, 2006.

Jun 5, 2006

Finally! A new EFA update :-D by chazmann at 5:01 PM (1,705 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    Tomarrow, there will be an update for EFA carts which will allow for compatibility with nds roms 0001-0434. Looks like I'm going to finally be able to play the new mario brothers [​IMG]

Just in time for the ds lite too. What a week for the ds.

2. Sir Spanky

Member Sir Spanky GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Awesome news! Lucky I was checking out this forum as I never check the EFA forum, it is too slow and never updated.

I was just considering dumping the cart so I could play Animal Crossing/Mario Bros etc, but this means I can save the money [​IMG]

Spanky

3. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Um... you know that the WRG Prepatched for GBA carts version seemed to work perfectly on EFA right? Anyways this is GREAT news for me because I have an EFA cart sitting next to my M3. Another cart with good ds compatibility doesn't bother me at all. [​IMG]

4. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I would still like to know if you can use the Passcard 2 or Passcard 3 with EFA.

5. Golds

Member Golds Old Member

United States
    wrg nsmb froze on my efa linker 512 on the first world about half way through. (everytime)
    luckly i had it reserved and bought it.. cause it super fun.

6. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I don't think the Passcard 2 works with it (could be wrong) but I would assume Passcard 3 would.

7. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Oh yeah, supposedly passcard 3 works without the dat file or whatever it was. And I think that was the problem with EFA somehow...

When's the Passcard 3 gonna be out?

8. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States

Woah, didnt know that. Do I leave the .nds.gba extension on there? Or should I leave it as .nds?

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Cool, maybe they got Pokemon Dash and Ultimate Spidey working? [​IMG]?

10. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    Anyone know how to get the wga patched version of mario brothers to work on the efa cart? I've tried everything. I guess I can wait for the update.

11. butters

Newcomer butters Newbie

Norway
    It's out!
    Animal crossing seems to work, it saved without problems. Havent tried wfc yet.
    Tetris DS worked and connected to wfc, played one game (and won it) but I got dual black screens on disconnect from wfc.
    Hope that M&L PiT will save, will try that later.
    Looks like its going to be a great summer, have my final exam in one hour and then.. some gaming [​IMG]

12. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    so, will any usual passme2 device work with EFA? I only need it long enough to run flashme, and then keep it around just in case, or if I get a DSL and need to flash it. My guess would be that anything needed on the cart for the passme2 and flashme should be flashed without loader and all should work ok, but I haven't looked into this at all yet so I'm not sure. I've only got a 256mbit cart but my DS cart plans got delayed so I'm stuck with buying a passme2 of some kind and running the games that will fit in 256mbit. From what I've seen, there's still plenty I can enjoy until I get a more DS oriented cart.

13. spectral

spectral Newbie

Now lets hope they'll finally get round to updating the EFAII. Their support for that card is terrible, they basically released it and then completely abandoned it while at the same time constantly tweaking the original EFA.

14. ultim

Member ultim GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    can i use efa with datel media launcher?

15. Cliffius

Newcomer Cliffius Member

Japan
    I know this thread is a little dated, but how do I go about adding a .nds file to the EFA? I loaded it up as is, but it didn't work. Do I need to flash it to work?

16. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    First, whats your setup? Things you need:
    NDS (most important to playing DS games)
    Flash card (EFA in your case)
    Pass Card X with proper settings (if your DS is flashed, then you dont need this)
    Latest loader for the EFA Linker

Oh yeah, and appropriate rom to fit on the card. When loading the rom with the prog, just make sure to change the drop-down for filetype so you can see the .NDS files. The EFA.cc forums have more info about rom compatibility and the dreaded faults of save type/size...

Note: just going from memory here, my friend has had my EFA-Linker since I convinced him to get a DSL [​IMG]

17. Cliffius

Newcomer Cliffius Member

Japan
    i have an nds, the efa1, and the latest loader.

i guess i was missing the passcard3, thanks!

18. chadders

Member chadders GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] is this card not the same as the F2A, would this work for that card aswell????

19. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Different. I used to have an F2A that wasnt big enough to hold FFTA (OMG, so small...). As far as it working, I dont know/think if the loader supports it. Might wanna check out the wiki on it (if one exists).