Final plan to buying some parts for my computer!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    So now, I've already thought of buying some parts... Actually, all I need to buy is the GPU, PSU and RAM now that I got all the other stuff to get it up and running.

I have been looking into other brands and reading reviews on them, so far, all of them get good reviews.

When choosing a PSU, I needed a 600W minimum one, and I found this one at TigerDirect. I also read some review on YouTube about it, and it had a pretty good review: Ultra 650-Watt Power Supply - $60. It has good reviews, and not much people get problems. It is cheap for it's price, and the cable management looks nice and easy to handle with it. Other PSU to look into? Don't direct me to some super expensive PSU xD. I actually, am looking into only paying $100 max w/o tax yet.

For RAM, I wanted to just a a 2x2GB ram set so if I ever have any plans of going to 8GB, I can just get another. This is the RAM I am looking into: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) - $80. Also gets very good reviews as well, but then I saw this RAM and am not sure which to choose: Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 - $65. $15 Gap, and the cheaper one is at DDR2 1066? My Mobo is a Biostar TA790GX 128M that supports sockets AM2 and AM2+. IT says it supports DDR2 800 for sure, but it also says it supports DDR2 1066 (only for Socket AM2+). I am guessing it will work since my CPU is being used as a AM2+ since it is backwards compatible. (AMD Phenom II X2 550).

Now for the GPU, I need a card with the ATI Chipset. Since my Mobo supports Hybrid Crossfire, it seems to be the better choice to get an ATI Card. I am looking into this GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB - $170. And I found a promo code that reduces the price by $10 making it $160. I am planning on going CrossFire in the future, so I was thinking of getting this card, then getting it again later in the future... Any other suggestions?