Final Mario Golf: Super Rush update adds Wiggler, Shy Guy, two new modes and two new courses

mario-golf-super-rush-switch-hero.jpg

Five months after it's release, Mario Golf: Super Rush will be receiving its final content update. After initial reviews criticized the game's lack of content, Nintendo has published three large updates to the game, adding in new characters, maps and modes. This final release will follow the same pattern, adding in Wiggler and Shy Guy as new playable characters, two new courses and two new game modes.

The first new course is called Shelltop Sanctuary, and consists entirely of Par 3 holes. It will have a "pro" and an "amateur" mode that will greatly affect the positioning of the green. The other new course is All-Star Summit, which uses illustrations of various Mario characters as a motif. It also includes features like brick blocks that can be broken to refill energy, clouds that can be used to travel across the course, and Star Coins that can completely refill your energy gauge.

FE7H5s-WYAEuHvv.jpeg

The new mode "Target Golf" tasks players just with teeing off into a large target, awarding points for whoever can hit closest to the center of the target. "One-On, one-Putt" forces players to complete holes in only two strokes - one to get on the green, one to sink the putt. This mode will only be available on the New Donk City and Shelltop Sanctuary courses.

Update 4.0.0 for Mario Golf: Super Rush is available now.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game as well, haven't played it yet. kinda involved with oot atm and before that dread and ys ix. love shy guy though. :)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the game, and was quite pleased by it. I enjoy Mario sports titles, so I personally don't understand why critics hate it, but... to each their own. Then again, I own a Wii Mini and like it, so call me a weirdo. Whatever. :hrth:

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Shy guy my boy <3

Anyways i'm glad to see nintendo "repaired" this game via updates instead of ignoring it. it's another Kirby Star Allies situation where the updates actually make the game worthwhile.

Although if this is a business model they're doing it as, fuck that...and that's sadly likely too so they can make more cash faster.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that's all the content? Really? Didn't even take a year, they could have just released the game now if that's the case. (Had it not be for Mario Party Super stars) :blink:

Least in my opinion, I seen reviews of this game on youtube, and one of them that was interesting wasn't even about the content itself, it was about the presentation. Specifically how older games have funny win and lose fan fare, while this game doesn't. I hate to say it, but presentation helps a lot, especially in nintendo's favor. Honestly I wouldn't buy this game at full price. Is going to need to be at least half. I hate to say it that way without sounding rude, but this and mario tennis aces both seem half baked. Let's not forget about the Ultra smash on wii u. :ninja:

Reactions: TwoMinutes2319

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that's all the content? Really? Didn't even take a year, they could have just released the game now if that's the case. (Had it not be for Mario Party Super stars) :blink:

Least in my opinion, I seen reviews of this game on youtube, and one of them that was interesting wasn't even about the content itself, it was about the presentation. Specifically how older games have funny win and lose fan fare, while this game doesn't. I hate to say it, but presentation helps a lot, especially in nintendo's favor. Honestly I wouldn't buy this game at full price. Is going to need to be at least half. I hate to say it that way without sounding rude, but this and mario tennis aces both seem half baked. Let's not forget about the Ultra smash on wii u. :ninja:

The main problem is more than 99% of games are incomplete which is why we have game updates on the same day ... it makes me wonder 20 years from now if I put a game in my switch and obviously the servers will be down how can a person enjoy an incomplete game..

Hence why CFW units are essential unless Nintendo is "Nice" and have a digital library with the updates archived

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem is more than 99% of games are incomplete which is why we have game updates on the same day ... it makes me wonder 20 years from now if I put a game in my switch and obviously the servers will be down how can a person enjoy an incomplete game..

Hence why CFW units are essential unless Nintendo is "Nice" and have a digital library with the updates archived
Yeah I get that feeling, which is why I probably would be happy if they ended up releasing "Deluxe" or "complete" editions of games. Sure it would suck to buy the same game again, but least it will have everything. All content, no more patches, all on included. Sounds more like all those versions of street fighter Lol :P

But I rather have a retail copy with 100% complete game in my possession. Is not something you need if you already own the game, but you can get if you wanted to feel satisfied knowing your content is self contained in one package. I don't see why if they still have hot selling games and still having print new copies. Just add the update content to new prints. :ninja:

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate Nintendo's current tactic of dripping content to try to extend a game's relevancy and get people accostumed to DLCs.
This only ensures the game will have a bad reception at release (because people obviously figure out they paid 60 bucks for a glorified "early access" ) and later with news from the updates most people will be like "oh right, this exists", such is the case with this.

Animal crossing is like the one exception to this because people were so thirsty for a new entry they just accepted it and refused to accept it was bad. Even after more than a year it doesn't have nearly as much content as ACNL...

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate Nintendo's current tactic of dripping content to try to extend a game's relevancy and get people accostumed to DLCs.
This only ensures the game will have a bad reception at release (because people obviously figure out they paid 60 bucks for a glorified "early access" ) and later with news from the updates most people will be like "oh right, this exists", such is the case with this.

Animal crossing is like the one exception to this because people were so thirsty for a new entry they just accepted it and refused to accept it was bad. Even after more than a year it doesn't have nearly as much content as ACNL...

Well most games that are released are not complete. DEVS kind got lazy because thet can send out 80% of the game and then put the other 20% on a DLC ...

When you really look at the DLC half of the stuff was supposed to be in the game in the first place... I grew up in an era where you played the game to unlock parts of a story or character you just didn't buy them and the game felt worth tue $50...

Now they give you less and expect you to pay more

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I get that feeling, which is why I probably would be happy if they ended up releasing "Deluxe" or "complete" editions of games. Sure it would suck to buy the same game again, but least it will have everything. All content, no more patches, all on included. Sounds more like all those versions of street fighter Lol :P

But I rather have a retail copy with 100% complete game in my possession. Is not something you need if you already own the game, but you can get if you wanted to feel satisfied knowing your content is self contained in one package. I don't see why if they still have hot selling games and still having print new copies. Just add the update content to new prints. :ninja:

That's what the Deluxe version for the next Nintendo console will be. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free