Final Fantasy XVI Teaser Site now live

Final Fantasy XVI Launches Teaser Website Featuring Key Artwork,
Setting and Main Characters

Today, Square Enix Ltd., launched the official teaser website for the latest standalone mainline title in the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY XVI. The website showcases newly revealed key artwork for the ground-breaking, all-new action RPG (“role-playing game”), featuring the game’s protagonist, Clive Rosfield, as well as a set of character illustrations and vignettes that offer a glimpse of the connections between them. The website also presents a deeper look into the setting of FINAL FANTASY XVI, the complex realm of Valisthea, a land blessed in the light of the Mothercrystals —glittering mountains of crystal that tower over the world below.

20201029_112614.jpg

Artwork – FINAL FANTASY XVI protagonist, Clive Rosfield, on a dark and dangerous road to revenge

FINAL FANTASY XVI brings players into a world where Eikons are powerful and deadly creatures that reside within Dominants—a single man or woman who is blessed with the ability to call upon their dreaded power. The story follows Clive Rosfield, a young man dedicated to mastering the blade, who is dubbed the First Shield of Rosaria and tasked to guard his younger brother Joshua—the Dominant of the Phoenix. Unexpected events set Clive on a dark and dangerous road to revenge.

FINAL FANTASY XVI is a single player action-RPG being developed for the PlayStation 5 console (“PS5”). This title is not yet rated.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Final Fantasy XVI Official Site

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Teaser site already? Dang, considering how long FF 15 was in development (counting from Versus 13) I wonder if FF 16 will make it to the PS5 at all, or if it'll be a PS6 release title xD
This one's being directed/developed by chunks of the FF14 team, who have been very good at keeping things on schedule. FF15 was Nomura, who... yeah. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as bad in terms of delays.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one's being directed/developed by chunks of the FF14 team, who have been very good at keeping things on schedule. FF15 was Nomura, who... yeah. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as bad in terms of delays.
To be more precise, Nomura worked "Versus XIII" rather than FFXV. I would consider putting Versus XIII and FFXV separate because they are essentially two different things now.

It wasn't FFXV until Square-Enix finally removed Nomura as director from the project and handing it over to Tabata and giving him a strict deadline within a few years and to use the Luminous Engine, which at the time wasn't even used that often outside of PoC and so it was heavily unoptimized for consoles at the time. The FFXV devs did a lot of work not only modifying the engine, but also developing the game from scratch.

Honestly, people don't give Tabata enough credit since he was just dumped with a project that Nomura kept putting off for years while wasting development time and money, and had to finish it in a short time while utilizing an unoptimized engine. At the end, he finally got the game out and promised to do more before Square-Enix decided to pull the plug on more FFXV DLC development.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno what the bitching is about, ffxv wasn't my favorite but I'm still excited since all are amazing up to it (its still a cool game), I will probably play on pc though unless its like a 3 year timed exclusive.

Reactions: Kazuto_Zed

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ that looks like crap. Am I ever glad Bravely Default exists. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix made it just so they could turn Final Fantasy into even more edgy emo garbage. Which is a shame because I just finished the Switch port of FF IX and loved every minute of it.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So why the graphics of FFXV look much better than this? PS5 really?
I was feeling like posting about this.

Final Fantasy 15 runs with Luminous Engine and is made by the same team that is making Project Athia.

Final Fantasy 15 never stunned me with its graphics but it is still a pretty game and I can respect its looks, even though the game doesn't interest me. Unreal Engine 5 looks the best but Luminous always impressed me before and Project Athia looks really rather neat.

This newer Final Fantasy "16" rubbish is made by the same people who run Final Fantasy 14, a MMO.

And this games design is janky and all over the place. The artwork shown on this article looks like a terrible knock-off of Devil May Cry. The game looks like a bad mix of Witcher and different things, a real mess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A serious, ugly mess.

ff should just end its total crap.
they just are grabbing money, nothing more. its like pokemon, no fun only frustration.

All "ff" media including spin offs for most of the last decade are trash except ff 13 and dissidia nt.
ff 15 is good for some people.
other than those 3 games ill pretend this really shit series doesnt exist anymore, its very annoying.

ff 13 released over a decade ago so that leaves only dissidia nt and ff 15.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee,

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Final Fantasy 15 runs with Luminous Engine and is made by the same team that is making Project Athia.

Final Fantasy 15 never stunned me with its graphics but it is still a pretty game and I can respect its looks, even though the game doesn't interest me. Unreal Engine 5 looks the best but Luminous always impressed me before and Project Athia looks really rather neat.

This newer Final Fantasy "16" rubbish is made by the same people who run Final Fantasy 14, a MMO.

And this games design is janky and all over the place. The artwork shown on this article looks like a terrible knock-off of Devil May Cry. The game looks like a bad mix of Witcher and different things, a real mess.

A serious, ugly mess.

they just are grabbing money, nothing more. its like pokemon, no fun only frustration.

All "ff" media including spin offs for most of the last decade are trash except ff 13 and dissidia nt.
other than those 3 games ill pretend this really shit series doesnt exist anymore, its very annoying.

As somebody who only likes the Tactics games, 12 and 14 I could not disagree more.

Chances are this game will have a well written story, good combat, and wont be delayed far into the future.

I hope they tweak the lighting though, it is looking a bit flat right now, I had to apply a reshade filter to 14 to fix the washed out colours.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As somebody who only likes the Tactics games, 12 and 14 I could not disagree more.

Chances are this game will have a well written story, good combat, and wont be delayed far into the future.

I hope they tweak the lighting though, it is looking a bit flat right now, I had to apply a reshade filter to 14 to fix the washed out colours.
I like 12.
This rubbish can not be compared to 12.
12 is a luxury, expensive work of fine art.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suitably epic artwork I guess. Could see many having it as a poster or wallpaper.

Does it make me want to play a modern Final Fantasy? Haha no. Not even close.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A serious, ugly mess.

This is the most schizo I've ever seen someone post on this site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse