Final Fantasy XVI Teaser Site now live

Final Fantasy XVI Launches Teaser Website Featuring Key Artwork,
Setting and Main Characters

Today, Square Enix Ltd., launched the official teaser website for the latest standalone mainline title in the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY XVI. The website showcases newly revealed key artwork for the ground-breaking, all-new action RPG (“role-playing game”), featuring the game’s protagonist, Clive Rosfield, as well as a set of character illustrations and vignettes that offer a glimpse of the connections between them. The website also presents a deeper look into the setting of FINAL FANTASY XVI, the complex realm of Valisthea, a land blessed in the light of the Mothercrystals —glittering mountains of crystal that tower over the world below.

20201029_112614.jpg

Artwork – FINAL FANTASY XVI protagonist, Clive Rosfield, on a dark and dangerous road to revenge

FINAL FANTASY XVI brings players into a world where Eikons are powerful and deadly creatures that reside within Dominants—a single man or woman who is blessed with the ability to call upon their dreaded power. The story follows Clive Rosfield, a young man dedicated to mastering the blade, who is dubbed the First Shield of Rosaria and tasked to guard his younger brother Joshua—the Dominant of the Phoenix. Unexpected events set Clive on a dark and dangerous road to revenge.

FINAL FANTASY XVI is a single player action-RPG being developed for the PlayStation 5 console (“PS5”). This title is not yet rated.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Final Fantasy XVI Official Site

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks rubbish as a mainline Final Fantasy title. Especially in terms of graphics. Totally rubbish.
I am only interested in Project Athia.
Final Fantasy is overdone, it is just a cash cow being milked. I now ignore it as much as I can.
The last Final Fantasy that ever stunned me graphically was Final Fantasy XIII. That was out of this world.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The plot seems cringy and I'm not fond of the whole "everything we knew was a lie, everything is bad, we have to fight the system" whatever. t's been too overused. Just give me a cheery looking FF game with a dark plot like FF9 and I'll be happy. No need to make everything dark and gritty.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plot seems cringy and I'm not fond of the whole "everything we knew was a lie, everything is bad, we have to fight the system" whatever. t's been too overused. Just give me a cheery looking FF game with a dark plot like FF9 and I'll be happy. No need to make everything dark and gritty.

And get a new character designer. I'd be impressed if one of these games, they get a regular guy without an emo haircut as the main character to make them stand out from every other main character. How about a bald main character? Just anything to differentiate whoever the game is centering around not revolve around another Zack-look-alike.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am glad Project Athia has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. FF is over (and that is a good thing).
I hope that Project Athia never becomes anything to do with FF. Certainly at least not in cannon. Knowing Square Enix, I unfortunately am afraid my hope will be broken.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this looks sick but also I dunno anything about final fantasy and am too intimidated by their lineup to start
Honestly they are all pretty self contained, you wouldn't gain much understanding from playing the other games first

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It always amazes me to see how long this franchise has survived without ever having a real writer on staff. Clearly all their budget goes into graphics, voice acting, animation, gameplay, and the truck loads of medication they use to keep the main story writer's dementia under control long enough to string together a collection of barely coherent words.

I think this looks sick but also I dunno anything about final fantasy and am too intimidated by their lineup to start

All you gotta know about the lore this: shiny crystals magic lol, anime hair guy good, mean anime hair guy bad.

Add to that a generic fantasy setting and generic anime plot, and you got yerself a final fantasy.

Reactions: Paralel and 2Hack

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't remember mainline Final Fantasy games being action RPG.
And the damned emo main character is already old. It was in FFVIII.

I must be getting old, or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...