Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition announced, PC version gets release date

FFXV-Royal-Edition_01-16-18.jpg

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which will simultaneously launch with the PC version of the game, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, on March 6, with both retailing for $49.99. Both console re-release and the PC port will include more than a dozen DLC packs and everything from the season pass, alongside a new map, side quests, and a first-person mode. For those that already own the game, the new content will be offered as DLC for $19.99.

• Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
  • A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
  • A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
  • A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
  • More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
  • All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis
  • Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
  • Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
  • New Trophies
  • The Final Fantasy XV base game

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will support up to 8K resolution, and a benchmark tool will be available on February 1st so players can test how well the game will run on their PC.

:arrow: Official Site

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
I guess they are going in the right direction in that you don't have to watch damn Noctis anymore.

Now they have to make the rest of the party disappear from my field of view, throw Cindy and the rest of annoying NPCs to the sharks, put some actual cities to visit, tell an actual story, and perhaps... no, there's no way this game redeems itself... remembering the game makes me sad :sad:

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I guess they are going in the right direction in that you don't have to watch damn Noctis anymore.

Now they have to make the rest of the party disappear from my field of view, throw Cindy and the rest of annoying NPCs to the sharks, put some actual cities to visit, tell an actual story, and perhaps... no, there's no way this game redeems itself... remembering the game makes me sad :sad:
Cindy is hot.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you done with this game so we can see new development of FINAL FANTASY VII REMASTERED and KINGDOM HEARTS 3 YET SQUARE ENIX!? You know the games you showed off 2 years ago? :blink:
This please.

But actually, I am scared of what FF7 remaster could turn into, you know, the "get a mythical chocobo and go to an invisible island where an UFO would give you a special phoenix down to revive Aerith" world wide conspirative hype could only work once. Oh, spoiler warning, I guess.

Better focus on KH3 and on a new Final Fantasy that doesn't disappoint so hard.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the game really that bad?
It depends what you were waiting for. If you were waiting for a Final Fantasy game, this is awful.
Graphically it is good enough, but... Well, there are many reasons I don't like it.
Story, scope, very small world, laughable small cities, unremarkable NPCs, battle system, boring "car driving" system, long etc.

Reactions: death360
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
March 6th? Nice. This'll be a day-1 buy for me! Played a bunch of this game at a friend's house and loved it. I've know about all the problems with the story and otherwise, but I don't care. I had too much fun with it to not buy it for myself, and now with even more gorgeous eye candy too. Pleasantly surprised they're including a few extras like new portions of the map and the ability to control that boat that takes you to Altissia.

My brother's played through and beaten the game, and ranted incessantly to me about the story, but even he's excited to play it again. If there's one thing this game does right, it's the combat. The combat is really good! And hey, it's not $60 and includes quite a lot of content. I'm game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game with over 100 Gb and for 4K over 155 Gb. What kind of monster game is this. XD
A game that will kill more HDD than one person needs, they made secret deal with the HDD vendors. This is why i miss buying game disc and not installing data to play games. :P

Thank you nintendo for not using install data. :yayswitch:

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This should've been the original launch date, the game was so unfinished when I played it.
I'm just waiting for the season pass to go on sale and I'll jump back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: