Final Fantasy XV Live at Abbey Road studios tonight

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Sep 7, 2016.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    ffxv.PNG
    Throughout the show, broadcast live from the iconic Studio 1, viewers will treated to beautiful live renditions of songs from the game, including the premiere of previously unheard music. FINAL FANTASY XV composer, Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts series, Street Fighter II), will also make a special appearance, commenting on a selection of the songs performed.

In partnership with Special Effect, the award-winning charity that helps people with disabilities to benefit from the fun, rehabilitation and therapy of video games, Square Enix Ltd., also offered two tickets for auction. The bidding finally closed at an astonishing £399, all of which will go direct to the charity.

For anyone unable to watch live, the full concert will also be available to watch on YouTube straight after the show!

Full PR

:arrow:Watch on Youtube
    :arrow:Watch on Twitch

Ridge, Justinde75 and Wolfvak like this.
  2. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    Live show on youtube?

3. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    exactly 1 hour before the Playstation meeting
    Perfect time killer

T-hug likes this.
  4. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Peh. Come back when you've made a combat system that doesn't operate like holding up cue cards to a dozy grandma.
    As in never. Never come back. Watching them try and make action combat across the years is like watching a stand up comedian choke. It's sad, uncomfortable, and it'd be best for everyone if he'd just stop trying. I wish we knew who it was that designs the Kingdom Hearts games, because he's either an SE employee they keep in the cupboard 364 days out of the year, someone with Disney, or some magical fairy sprinkling talent on Squeenix once in a blue moon. Poor Tabata is probably the only one to ever come close to making great gameplay, but then he made Type-0 and that was the end of that. It wouldn't even be such a tragedy were it not for the potential they have in terms of style. The aesthetics and attitudes they put into their games are fairly unique, even if they don't hit home every time, so it's a shame to see them wasted.

5. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I really liked Type-0, and I've got to see FFXV at PAX Prime a few days ago. The combat is really very nice, and it's something I could totally get behind for another 60+ hour JRPG stint. A shame you didn't like it, since the rest of FFXV looks good, too.

6. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I agree on everything except type-0
    That 50 minutes raw gameplay video they released got me hooked and the movie had awesome action.

7. Meteor7

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Alright, in the interest of full disclosure, I've not actually played it. That being said, I've yet to be off the mark when interpreting a combat system, so I'm pretty confident in my assessment of this one. Also, I agree, it's a shame since the game looks pretty nice, otherwise.

8. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    That event was breathtaking, and I am still speechless. I absolutely LOVE Yoko's work and I can't wait to get my hands on the FFXV soundtrack as well as the KH3 soundtrack once that comes out.

T-hug likes this.
  9. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I've been known to like a lot of unorthodoxed games,

Yeah, I mean, I was pretty damn put off by the battle system when I saw it, too, but playing it is a different experience. The gameplay trailers don't do it enough justice. I dunno if you'll like it, but you should definitely give it a try sometime if you can! It's been much improved from the demos. It was the master version that's going on discs that they showed at PAX.

10. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Don't get me wrong Type-0 is a pretty good game... on PSP.
    On PS4/XBO/PC it'S just lukewarm

11. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Yeh, I get that haha.

12. Meteor7

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    I found myself disliking Type-0 more on PC after liking it so much on the PSP so I went back to play it yesterday... and I found it pretty terrible. While the camera isn't as bad as the HD versions, it's still crippling, poorly-telegraphed attacks are the norm, lack of ability to inflict hitstun for many enemies puts you more so at the mercy of an uncooperative camera, often enemies demand ranged attacks and few characters natively have ranged capabilities, overpowered enemies from which you're just meant to run are in plentiful supply and, what might be the most damning thing I experienced, attacks not performed with breaksight do unusable amounts of damage, making the meta game standing around and waiting for enemies to expose their breaksight, to which you perform one single attack and repeat. It completely invalidates the cool, flourishy combos most characters have. That's all from just playing 20 minutes; I'm sure I'd remember more with more time.