Final Fantasy XV 101 trailer

Just in case you missed the billion trailers already released for the game, here is the Final Fantasy XV '101 trailer', ahead of the title's release next week.

As well as an overview of the game’s story, the new trailer also offers explanations of FINAL FANTASY XV’s combat system and its blend of magic spells, summons and real-time battle action, as well as in-depth introductions to Noctis and his three comrades.

In addition, details of a launch day update were also released. The Crown Update will be available to download automatically on the games release from the 29th November. The Crown Update is the result of some additional time for development since mastering the full game, and provides a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience.

The upgrade provides enhancements for several elements within the game including:
  • Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
  • The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
  • Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
  • New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the FINAL FANTASY XVuniverse even easier to follow for newcomers
  • For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
  • Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
Following news of copies of the game going on sale ahead of the release date Director, Hajime Tabata issued a message to fans:
----
The November 29th release date is approaching and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this game with a fresh state of mind. Unfortunately, there has been an unauthorized distribution of the boxed edition of FINAL FANTASY XV in select regions and we have noticed that gameplay footage from people playing these copies has appeared online. Though this type of situation is brought on by various region specific circumstances and may not be something that is completely avoidable, we are very regretful of this situation.

One of the major goals of FINAL FANTASY XV is for everyone to enjoy the story and to discover the surprises together through the simultaneous worldwide release. Due to these recent events, videos with unexpected spoilers could potentially be posted online, so we would like to warn everyone who has been waiting in anticipation for this game.

We will also do everything in our capacity to prevent unauthorised footage from appearing online. We would also like to ask anybody that has obtained an early copy of the game to be respectful to those that are looking forward to the official release and to not spoil the surprises for everyone.

A large and dedicated team have worked extremely hard to make this game and to create a FINAL FANTASY that everyone can enjoy. It would be a huge regret for us if the excitement of the launch was to be spoiled for so many when we are so close to release.

Your understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated so we can celebrate the best possible release together.

Hajime Tabata - Director, FINAL FANTASY XV

---

FINAL FANTASY XV will be available on the 29th November for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system. For more information on FINAL FANTASY XV,visit: http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been bothering Gamestop for the last week and they don't want to give me my pre-order early.
I suppose I should stop being annoying and do my best to avoid spoilers in the meanwhile.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neat! i hope it isn't as boring and mind-numbing as the trailers make it appear. i'm really hoping there's some excitement hidden in there, story or otherwise.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not really impressed enough to feel this is a must-buy, maybe it's because of the way this game has been hyped. What turns me off from getting it is that there's so much focus on it being made with 'advanced technology' and they show a lot of amazing scenery and really beautiful textures, but when it comes to the combat and you see clips where the characters are slashing away at the air above the monsters and that still being counted as hits, or when you see a bunch of small dinosaurs running face first into each other in a clusterf*ck showing that their AI is not able to adapt to the surrounding enviroment, I feel that parts of the technology is still like it was 10 years ago playing PS2. Heck the hitboxes are as complex as the ones in FFIX where they would just jump forwards and hit in the general space where an enemy would be, with there being no effect on the animation.

Still, I'm sure this game will be way better and way closer to what I want from a game than 80% of the AAA games released today.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll buy this game, even if the kingsglaive movie wasn't that good of a story (too much fails, and too much quick blurry dark animated scenes making it hard to see what's happening).
I don't want that game for the story, but for the gameplay, I'll see the story as second plane.

hey, that's a nice answer from the publisher, thinking about spoiling other people instead of being angry at shops releasing it earlier.

Reactions: SushiKing

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll buy this game, even if the kingsglaive movie wasn't that good of a story (too much fails, and too much quick blurry dark animated scenes making it hard to see what's happening).
I don't want that game for the story, but for the gameplay, I'll see the story as second plane.

I don't have a PS4 or XBONE, but after watching Kingsglaive I really do want to play this game. I can agree that the first 20-30 minutes of the movie was hard to follow, but I stopped it and restarted and it made much more sense after re-watching the first bit before continuing on with the rest. Now I just need to wait patiently and hope they agree to releasing a horribly ported edition to PC like they did for XIII...

Reactions: SushiKing

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Watching the combat, I still feel so much missed potential. It looks just as sluggish and stilted as ever, and there's really no reason they couldn't have made it more dynamic and reactive. Besides, while they explained battle concepts like combination magic, summons, and pulling swords out of the air, they mostly glossed over battle mechanics, save for informing us of parries and dodges. For example: is there any method of attack besides just hitting the attack button? Can you cancel your attack animations into other actions? Launch enemies? Can you build your own combos by switching weapons mid-combo? If so, how much freedom does it allow? Can you trigger any special effects through this system, like a different attack (different hitbox, speed, effect on enemy, etc.) depending on where in your combo you switch out your weapon? And if none of that is present, why not? For as gigantic as they seem to want us to believe the game is, I can't imagine combat that looks this bland (never played, mind you) carrying player engagement through a fully fleshed out, 60-hour RPG story. I think players are going to really feel the void of depth in the combat as the game begins to drag on, and considering how much work went into the game as a whole, that's a very disappointing prediction. It feels like everything the game needs to be amazing is there, and if it falls flat in terms of combat, that would be a shame. ...that is, if this actually turns out to be the case. All that being said, I've only tangentially kept apprised of FFXV's updates and never played any of the demos, so these questions I have about the combat could very well have been answered already and I just missed them.

MaskedMarvel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get how anyone could complain about the way this game looks right now. Can't wait to play it... screw the haters. This combat looks repetitive? It looks 100x less repetitive than any previous FF, Dragon Quest or any other JRPG I can think of.

Last edited by MaskedMarvel,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get how anyone could complain about the way this game looks right now. Can't wait to play it... screw the haters. This combat looks repetitive? It looks 100x less repetitive than any previous FF, Dragon Quest or any other JRPG I can think of.
Well, since it's not a strategic rpg and now an action rpg, they have a lot more room to flex their dynamic muscles. But they seem to be keeping the boring parts of strategic rpg while not doing a whole lot with the action rpg. It feels like missed opportunity to some. Well, "seems" being the operative word. We'll see. But half-assing a system like this could annoy both strategic rpg fans and action rpg fans alike for not doing either very well. Straddling a line can be difficult :P Let's hope it's fun and not boring.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes me a bit nervous when publishers hold back reviews until release day, but I don't know Squeenix well enough to know if that's the norm or not.

Waiting till I see some feedback...but i'm very tempted to get this. Seems fun. I hated the Platinum demo but meh. At least amazon prime gives a 20% discount on new games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just received my preorder and I'm curious if playing before release and the day 0 update will have consequences in my savegame afterwards.
I suppose I will have to risk it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.