Final Fantasy XIV to get Vita and Smartphone support

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But... But...

I want portable FFXIII. :<

Well I agree if it is on 3DS. If it is on Vita it would be cool. :)
That's like saying it would be cool to play Pokemon on the PS3

Think boys, think.

Pokémon is not Final fantasy... Pokémon is in fact Nintendo's product but Final Fantasy isn't Sony's nor Microsoft's product. Final Fantasy is a trademark from Square Enix! =3 that's the big difference!

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
They're taking the game in the right direction, but in my opinion it's too late. Having an app on your phone, Vita, etc. to buy things would be neat in concept. A 360 version? Sure why not down the road.

I canceled my account a few weeks ago when they revealed they would start charging for FFXIV late November to early December of this year even though it's nowhere near complete. Don't get me wrong, I've played the game since beta and they've definitely improved it for the better. To admit to your players that the game isn't planned to be "complete" for another 1-2 years and yet expect them to pay in the meantime is insulting. We're not talking about an expansion pack, we're talking about core game mechanics. Potentially it'll be a great game if they make good on all their promises by..... 2013 as planned. PS3 release, complete overhaul of all areas, graphics engine, battle engine, everything. It's called "Final Fantasy XIV 2.0", and sadly it's what should have been out for a year already. I'm going to go back to playing around with FFXI private servers such as the Darkstar Project for my Final Fantasy online fix. Best of luck to those that are hanging in there still.

Reactions: 1 person

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go back to playing around with FFXI private servers such as the Darkstar Project for my Final Fantasy online fix. Best of luck to those that are hanging in there still.

One of the things that's kept me from going back to FFXI is the subscription fee. The other is that they've shuffled my character around two different servers since I left and I have no contacts in the game anymore. Can you suggest a good private server?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing on a server called "Azure Sky" but it was taken down recently. They had lots of things changed such as 5X XP rate, start with tons of gil, and buying random gear from the Auction House. You can find some private server info at http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/final-fantasy-xi/ . Personally I've been following the Darkstar Project at http://darkstarproject.freeforums.org/ . Free private servers such as these are fun to play around on, but don't expect it to be near official servers anytime soon. The Elitepvpers forum has somebody that is apparently continuing Azure Sky, but I haven't checked it out yet. Oh, and just so you know you do not need registration keys or an actual PoL account to be able to play on these servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night