Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn : OFFICIAL HYPE THREAD

Are you excited about FFXIV:RR?

• Of course I am you fool!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nope, never in a million years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.. if they showed a bit more..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the fence at the moment because of FFXIV 1.0..

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • .....I'm sorry what was the question?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't played Aika and Rift. It was not actually a system per se, but just normal pvp mode. Maybe I'm just too used in PVP-oriented mmorpg, and monsters are just for grinding levels and farming for me now. So unless they add something like random bosses or uber strong mobs, it'll feel boring.
I do hope they add more stuff to spice it up, but I wonder if they would add things I want, the game would become hardcore pvp with some serious grinding. And FATE system bosses would be able to flee to a different location and/or alter monster in an area or would block paths causing serious disturbance to a lot of players like a real calamity.

One reason why I don't touch other free mmorpgs is the graphics. I just don't like the style of Aion, Cabal, or something that looks like that(iirc, Aika and Rift looks the same). I really like how FFXIV:ARR looks but it seems to be not the mmorpg I'm looking for.
But I still have Blade and Soul. I just have to be more patient.

Well Aika has a pretty decent graphical fidelity. Plus you get your own pet loli. Best MMORPG of all time just for that fea- anyway.
Rift is basically WoW but modernized a bit, graphics too.

I'd love hardcore pvp content but I somehow doubt it'll happen, given Final Fantasy MMO history. Its never been a priority. Plus any MMO's PVP after Ragnarok online and Tera just feels like total shit to me. I guess FFXIV could be good though, given it requires more movement in the combat than most MMOs.

I guess we shall see.

EDIT: Blade and Soul wasn't as good as I imagined :[ the gameplay felt kind of sloppy...but again I think that's just Tera ruining action combat for other MMOs like a black guy ruining a gir-
nevermind. Still seemed like loads of fun, but yeah. The combat irks me.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
e8dd3ce7b90446467aa8.png

Won't get cheaper than this I think.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well Aika has a pretty decent graphical fidelity. Plus you get your own pet loli. Best MMORPG of all time just for that fea- anyway.
Rift is basically WoW but modernized a bit, graphics too.

I'd love hardcore pvp content but I somehow doubt it'll happen, given Final Fantasy MMO history. Its never been a priority. Plus any MMO's PVP after Ragnarok online and Tera just feels like total shit to me. I guess FFXIV could be good though, given it requires more movement in the combat than most MMOs.

I guess we shall see.

EDIT: Blade and Soul wasn't as good as I imagined :[ the gameplay felt kind of sloppy...but again I think that's just Tera ruining action combat for other MMOs like a black guy ruining a gir-
nevermind. Still seemed like loads of fun, but yeah. The combat irks me.

Haha, yeah. Tera's combat system is a good change. I tried it out and it's really interesting, maybe that's why I felt that low level archer of mine felt very slow. because no dodge roll/jump(or i just missed it).
However it wasn't the impressive pvp skills that I was exactly looking for, it was the amount of pvp you get in a day or how much you'll need to cooperate with people. well the game was RF online so that you'll get the idea.
I also don't have any idea, who will be the main enemy. npc monsters as main boss is really boring once you've got a taste of faction based mmorpg.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whelp i'm progressing fairly well, despite not being able to play all freaking yesterday.

Level 21 lancer, 11 pugil, 20 carpentry, 21 botany.
Actually
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2329776/

Outdated (at time of posting) but I think it only updates when you log out, and no way in hell i'm ever logging out until it forces me off., not getting stuck outside of a full server again if I can help it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself