Final Fantasy XIV Last day for Beta Test Applications

Red_Savarin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ffxiv-1.jpg
For those of you who have not yet applied for the Beta Test, please submit your application by Monday, July 22, 2013(GMT).

For those who have registered a beta code by Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:59 (GMT), you will automatically be accepted to participate in the Beta Test.

It's the final beta test, so last shot if you want a peek before the final release, now is your chance.

Source

Red_Savarin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No prob;), but actually i think it helps, they didn't put the survey for nothing, it could be a factor for elimination purposes...

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No prob;), but actually i think it helps, they didn't put the survey for nothing, it could be a factor for elimination purposes...

Applied again, with a diffrent email but this time I filled out survey, it be interesting to see if survey accounts gets offered and the other does not. I guess you get to pick character online name later.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i got 3 keys( don´t ask me how)
i played for about 6 days before the end of the 3rd phase, levelled up to 17, i kinda liked the battle system and the overworld.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'd be more interested if it were free. I've been screwed over by P2P MMOs before. *cough WoW cough*

Question for you... How many Free-to-play games do you still play? Other than LoL, are there any that keep people playing long term? That was part of their argument as to why they were staying P2P.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for you... How many Free-to-play games do you still play? Other than LoL, are there any that keep people playing long term? That was part of their argument as to why they were staying P2P.
Well, my opinions don't actually count because unless a game is flawless, I get bored very easily.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Eh, very, very good time testing the game, great x360 pad support on PC, running great on my average stuff.. Now, to pay a monthly fee with the game, i'm still not there yet, too heavy backlog err..

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, my opinions don't actually count because unless a game is flawless, I get bored very easily.

That's actually how many gamers are.

With F2P, the amount of money that a company makes varies widely from month to month. The game producer has said that they'd rather have a smaller, steady stream of P2P income. They used the example of SWTOR. How many people do you know that are still playing it now, even though it is F2P?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually how many gamers are.

With F2P, the amount of money that a company makes varies widely from month to month. The game producer has said that they'd rather have a smaller, steady stream of P2P income. They used the example of SWTOR. How many people do you know that are still playing it now, even though it is F2P?
Not many, but probably because most people call it crap.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Phase 4 (the last beta) was supposed to be an open beta. Why are they taking applications? :unsure:
This is the beta before the open beta, and they said they probably (still might if "game breaking" bug is found) will not delete character info, so you will prob get like 2 weeks free play time instead of 1 week.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how much money Square Enix has dumped into FF XIV in both of its forms, I don't think it can afford a small community, no matter how loyal. The game is going to need a lot of people, and a lot of time, before SE gets anywhere close to recouping all the money they've sunk into the title.

Unless you're WoW or a very small, very niche game, the standard subscription model just isn't going to work for you. FF XIV is neither, so...

I think SE would be better off going for the Guild Wars approach - one upfront charge for the main game, a reasonable price for all the expansions, and a marketplace for those who want it. It's a pretty fair model for both the company and the consumer, a best of both worlds approach, and I'm sad that more developers haven't bothered to even give it a shot.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Red_Savarin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think SE would be better off going for the Guild Wars approach - one upfront charge for the main game, a reasonable price for all the expansions, and a marketplace for those who want it. It's a pretty fair model for both the company and the consumer, a best of both worlds approach, and I'm sad that more developers haven't bothered to even give it a shot.

Funny thing, i actually have guild wars 1 with all expansions (and played for a few years), and guild wars 2 (which i can't seem to get into).

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Like Gahars said the monthly fees in games these days aren't working out, most games that previously had said fees were forced to turn to F2P or B2P, especially since there's tons of great MMO's being released nowadays that don't demand a monthly fee, one of the best examples would be Guild Wars 2 which is B2P and Phantasy Star Online 2 which is fully F2P where you only use real money to pay for visual items and stuff.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How quickly will there let you know if you have been accepted for the beta? (Should I have had an email by now for phase 3, if I were accepted?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?