Final Fantasy XIV Collectors Edition and Date Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Jul 4, 2010.

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Square Enix has stated that Final Fantasy XIV will be launching on Windows on September 30th. Two editions of the game will be released. The 'Standard Edition' which will give players 30 days of free gameplay for $49.99 and the Collectors Edition for $74.99 which will include
    • IN-GAME ITEM – Collector’s Edition preorders will include a reward code to receive an exclusive in-game item, the Onion Helm.*
    • EARLY ACCESS – Play 8 days prior to the release of the Windows PC Standard Edition (timing of access subject to initial server capacity).
    • BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD – Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV, with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD.
    • SECURITY TOKEN – A FINAL FANTASY XIV–branded Security Token for use with your regular password.
    • TRAVEL JOURNAL – Record your travels in this beautifully bound journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art.
    • RIGHT OF PASSAGE – Redeem a voucher to receive your fully-personalized Right of Passage Certificate, each stamped with a unique serial number.
    • AMANO COVER – Special PC Collector’s Edition illustration by renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano.
    • FREE GAMEPLAY – Free gameplay for 30 days.
    It costs $12.99 for a 30 day time frame. Quite reasonable for an MMO. The beta for the game will start in early July. Signup's for the beta can be done here.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

2. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    IIRC the Japanese will get tumblers and others will get travel notebooks

btw source is broken [​IMG]

3. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Already have my Collector's Edition preordered.

I'm really pumped for this game. It's the only one I've been extremely excited for in awhile.

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I want the Collector's Edition only for the art. It is simply too awesome ;_;.
    I wish there was an artbook with every single Amano drawing made for the Final Fantasy series, I'd buy it.

5. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I have been trying to get into the beta to see if it will be worth getting and trying out. I am getting a bit tired of WoW to be honest and god knows when Guild Wars 2 will be out.

6. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Am I reading it right Collector's edition for 13$? Where do i sign?

7. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    Collector's Edition is 75-79$, 13$ is the monthly fee. [​IMG]
    However I'm gonna buy it for sure, at soon as i can preorder it here in Italy. ^^

8. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Nah than mmo box prices are stupid. I bought TWO Eve Online account at Steam sale. (I also had one)

9. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    Curious... FF11 was annoyingly difficult. Is this game slated to be the same? (Did they learn anything from WoW?)