Final Fantasy XIII-2 Announced!

supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_007.jpg

After years of build-up and waiting, Final Fantasy XIII was released to so-so reviews. The game was a disappointment. But, if at first you don't succeed, try again.

Regardless of fan bickering or indifference, the game was a monster hit for Square Enix, moving over six million copies.

The game's developer, Square Enix, is working on Final Fantasy XIII-2, a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

The number of Final Fantasy games can be confusing for non-fans. Each of the games do not follow sequential order, so when Square Enix wants to do a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, the game does not end up being Final Fantasy XIV (which is a totally different, already released game), but Final Fantasy XIII-2.

There is a precedent for this as Square Enix released a sequel to Final Fantasy X in 2003 called Final Fantasy X-2. The sequel followed the exploits of Final Fantasy X heroine Yuna, and Final Fantasy XIII is expected to do the same.

Square Enix has only unveiled the game's logo, which showed Final Fantasy XIII heroine Lightning as well as a new, unnamed character. It is thought that this character is Lightning's rival.

Unlike Final Fantasy XIII, which caused controversy by originally only being slated for the PS3, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is penciled in for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, right off the bat. The game won't have the wait that Final Fantasy XIII did. According to Square Enix, it will be released in 2011.

SOURCE : http://kotaku.com/5736409/final-fantasy-xi...h-a-second-game

D

Deleted User

Just named it XV, it would look so much prettier and the graphic/art options would look cooler.

D

Deleted User

supervenice said:
Regardless of fan bickering or indifference, the game was a monster hit for Square Enix, moving over six million copies.
Six million copies is quite alot. Did anyone actually finish it? I'm getting a bit tired of the franchise after shelling out $109 dollars for the CE of FFXIV only to be faced with the most abysmal MMO I've ever encountered. Is FFXIV still free to play? I'll give this a miss I think. I've collected every FF since 7 (except XI haven't played that so I can't comment.) and I feel the franchise has been in a nose dive since X. It just seems to be a marketing ploy now to stick Final Fantasy into the title. [/rant]

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES, I've been hoping for a sequel since I finished XIII. I loved XIII. It was the first FF game I didn't get tired of after a few hours. I loved the battle system and the story was interesting enough. It wasn't FFX awesome, but FFXIII is still a great game. Can't wait for XIII-2!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Saturnplanet5 said:
supervenice said:
Six million copies is quite alot. Did anyone actually finish it? I'm getting a bit tired of the franchise after shelling out $109 dollars for the CE of FFXIV only to be faced with the most abysmal MMO I've ever encountered. Is FFXIV still free to play? I'll give this a miss I think. I've collected every FF since 7 (except XI haven't played that so I can't comment.) and I feel the franchise has been in a nose dive since 7. It just seems to be a marketing ploy now to stick Final Fantasy into the title. [/rant]

Fix'd.

Goli said:
It's just roman numerals... but arabic numbers for when one of the games gets a direct sequel. Like FFX-2.
tongue.gif

Also, fantasy* and
http://gbatemp.net/t274963-square-enix-1st...t&p=3399715
I don't think he meant the Roman Numerals...

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jan 18 2011, 10:32 PM) I believe I speak for myself when I ask "Why!?".
+1.

QUOTE(jorpor @ Jan 18 2011, 10:34 PM)
YES, I've been hoping for a sequel since I finished XIII. I loved XIII. It was the first FF game I didn't get tired of after a few hours. I loved the battle system and the story was interesting enough. It wasn't FFX awesome, but FFXIII is still a great game. Can't wait for XIII-2!
You mean you went through 20 HOURS WORTH OF TUTORIAL AND DIDN'T GET BORED!?

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:

It didn't feel like 20 hours of tutorial. I enjoyed every second... Except for the annoying summon battle things.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
jorpor said:
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:

It didn't feel like 20 hours of tutorial. I enjoyed every second... Except for the annoying summon battle things.
You walk down a corridor. That's about it for user input.

Oh right, and those battles.
*smash A/X button over and over again*

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:

Did you really play it? You also had to switch paradigms. Unless you wanted to be instakilled
tongue.gif

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:
8BitWalugi said:
jorpor said:

Yes, and that's what I liked the most, how linear it was. I don't like wandering around the world, looking around for hours trying to figure out where to go. FFXIII played like a movie and went straight on with the story line, without too many distractions. FFX is still my favorite FF game, but XIII is my second favorite.

I still hope they won't screw up XIII-2 like they did with X-2. Oh, how much I hated that game...

D

Deleted User

8BitWalugi said:
Saturnplanet5 said:
supervenice said:
Six million copies is quite alot. Did anyone actually finish it? I'm getting a bit tired of the franchise after shelling out $109 dollars for the CE of FFXIV only to be faced with the most abysmal MMO I've ever encountered. Is FFXIV still free to play? I'll give this a miss I think. I've collected every FF since 7 (except XI haven't played that so I can't comment.) and I feel the franchise has been in a nose dive since 7. It just seems to be a marketing ploy now to stick Final Fantasy into the title. [/rant]
Fix'd.
Give 'em a break. (The first FF Tactics. The one for the PSX was pretty damn good.)

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Saturnplanet5 said:
8BitWalugi said:
Saturnplanet5 said:
supervenice said:
Fix'd.
Give 'em a break. (The first FF Tactics. The one for the PSX was pretty damn good.)
Never played Tactics, I fail with strategy. I'll let that one slide. 7, on the other hand, I hate with infuriating rage.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
So what does this mean for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0? Are they getting canned, or are they just getting pushed to the side while Square complete this one i wonder. i quite liked Final Fantasy XIII, sure the hallway was irritating, but it was still a half decent game so im kinda happy to see this, kinda....
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Tamales exist. +1