Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age TGS 2016 trailer

To coincide with the Tokyo Game Show 2016, Square Enix Ltd., today released an all-new trailer for the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE, further showcasing some of the newly re-mastered visuals and environments as well as gameplay in action.

In FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE fans can finally experience the world of Ivalice like never before with a HD remaster of FINAL FANTASY XII. The release of FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE on the PlayStation 4 system will give Western audiences the first opportunity to experience the Zodiac Job System, a 12-job character progression system first introduced in the 2007 title, FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM.

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be available in 2017 for the PlayStation 4.

:arrow:Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Official Site

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
All these upcoming Square Enix games keep nagging me to buy a PS4 this holiday. With the slim and the pro out soon, I could probably get a good deal on a used base model PS4 on eBay or something. Still, I would love if this game and others (lookin' at you FFXV) came to PC sometime in the future. I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather not have to purchase new hardware to play it if I don't need to.

Roxe__

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All these upcoming Square Enix games keep nagging me to buy a PS4 this holiday. With the slim and the pro out soon, I could probably get a good deal on a used base model PS4 on eBay or something. Still, I would love if this game and others (lookin' at you FFXV) came to PC sometime in the future. I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather not have to purchase new hardware to play it if I don't need to.
Like i said before games like FFXV and FFXII remaster will for sure come out on the PC, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Here's a perfect example of this in the past:
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 release date: 3/17/2015 PC release date: 8/18/2015
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 release date: 5/12/2015 PC release date: 5/12/2016

If we just hold on to our money for the proper version we win in terms of a better quality game, and in terms of showing companies like SE that many people play on PC

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When SquareEnix releases anything Ivalice-related

so_good.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Noice! PC?
Yes it was leaked that it was going to PC sometime shortly before FFX HD was released to PC.

Reactions: Roxe__

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And this is the famous remaster that even with some effect disabeling is according to SquareEnix completely impossible to port to Vita?
Sure -.-

Last edited by VitaType,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Like i said before games like FFXV and FFXII remaster will for sure come out on the PC, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Here's a perfect example of this in the past:
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 release date: 3/17/2015 PC release date: 8/18/2015
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 release date: 5/12/2015 PC release date: 5/12/2016

If we just hold on to our money for the proper version we win in terms of a better quality game, and in terms of showing companies like SE that many people play on PC

That's true, that's true. They also ported over the XIII trilogy when they said they weren't going to. I'll hold out for PC on those, because I would rather play on PC. Once the Nintendo NX is officially unveiled, if I want to buy that instead, then I'll forego the PS4, because at the very least some of those games are likely to come to the NX. DragonQuest 11 is already confirmed for NX.

Hey, more incentive for developers to come to PC is always good ^-^

Roxe__

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's true, that's true. They also ported over the XIII trilogy when they said they weren't going to. I'll hold out for PC on those, because I would rather play on PC. Once the Nintendo NX is officially unveiled, if I want to buy that instead, then I'll forego the PS4, because at the very least some of those games are likely to come to the NX. DragonQuest 11 is already confirmed for NX.

Hey, more incentive for developers to come to PC is always good ^-^

IDK why they call it porting to PC, because when you think about it any game developed is made on PC first, then ported to a console, so ultimately all they have to do is release the unported original. But they want to sit there and act like they're throwing us PC players a bone, RRRRRRRIIIIIGHHT, okay.:glare:

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
any game developed is made on PC first, then ported to a console, so ultimately all they have to do is release the unported original
No. Just because you write the sourc code on a PC and you compile it on a PC dosn't means that the program which is outputed by the compiler can be executed on a PC.
It's called cross compiler and then you have to move the program to the target hardware to test it (yes, every single time you want to test the build. To make this process of moving the game to the console more easy (and for some debugging features) there are so called developer versions (sometimes developer board) of all consoles).

But fact is that most games today a written with a graphic engine which is available for multiple platfroms (e.g. all consoles of a generation and PC/Window), this games can easily be ported (there are often some libraries and game engine parts that need to be ported first, but nothing to much of a hassle compared with what was needed to do in earlier times).
But for every port you need to do all the testing again which costs a fair amount of money.

Last edited by VitaType,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
IDK why they call it porting to PC, because when you think about it any game developed is made on PC first, then ported to a console, so ultimately all they have to do is release the unported original. But they want to sit there and act like they're throwing us PC players a bone, RRRRRRRIIIIIGHHT, okay.:glare:

That's true, haha. Although the engines they use may be SDKs for consoles and meant to function on their proprietary hardware. The game is made on PC, but optimized the heck for consoles, so there's a lot of re-writing that needs to be done to bring it /back/ to the PC.

But really, why avoid PC? Just look at these numbers:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...the-pc-is-the-worlds-biggest-gaming-platform/
Imagine the sales you could get if your game is well-received on the likes of Steam!

Roxe__

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's true, haha. Although the engines they use may be SDKs for consoles and meant to function on their proprietary hardware. The game is made on PC, but optimized the heck for consoles, so there's a lot of re-writing that needs to be done to bring it /back/ to the PC.

But really, why avoid PC? Just look at these numbers:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...the-pc-is-the-worlds-biggest-gaming-platform/
Imagine the sales you could get if your game is well-received on the likes of Steam!

HAAAH, OPTIMIZED? More like nerfed to be played on a console, lol! I understand why they're avoiding the PC, I just don't get how they think they can control people like that, most of us are just not that stupid. But i totally agree with you!

@VitaType I do understand how a game is made, but you also have to agree with me that most of today's graphical engines use and branch out from PC as the base. Not to mention that you have systems like Xbox-Scorpio coming out, which is suppose to be as if you were playing said game on PC.

Last edited by Roxe__,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
HAAAH, OPTIMIZED? More like nerfed to be played on a console, lol! I understand why they're avoiding the PC, I just don't get how they think they can control people like that, most of us are just not that stupid. But i totally agree with you!

@VitaType I do understand how a game is made, but you also have to agree with me that most of today's graphical engines use and branch out from PC as the base. Not to mention that you have systems like Xbox-Scorpio coming out, which is suppose to be as if you were playing said game on PC.

Hey, don't look at me when "optimize" means "nerf" ;D

Let's not forget that thanks to x86 and DirectX, PCs and consoles share a unified architecture and games can be ported super easily between 'em. That's another reason for the massive resurgence of PC (even though, ironically, games all start life as PC games, haha). They "optimize" so much that when they decide to roll back and launch on PC, they have to untangle their mess to get it working on any other hardware except the one they optimized for. Back in the day, consoles were stronger than PCs (PS2/Xbox/GameCube era). PCs caught up near the start of the 360/PS3 era, but consoles had long been established enterprises by then that they were more profitable than PC. Enter Valve and Steam, enter "next-gen" consoles lauded for how outdated they are. A platform with consumer-friendly DRM for protection that's bigger than all consoles combined? Now you have a huge PC boom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte