Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD & XII The Zodiac Age ports coming to Switch in April

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    DwgL64EVsAAk3hv.

Today on Square Enix's Twitter, they have posted release dates for two of the announced games. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming on April 16 and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age which will be released on April 30 which is just two weeks after the Final Fantasy X HD. Both Games currently are available on Playstation 4 console and Steam and these games will be coming to both Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.

Pricing and other details was not listed. Some which may be important to some like if the Xbox One game will support the enhancements of the Xbox One X, or how will the two games be handled on Switch. The latter has always been a curious case with select games ports to the system that come in compilations have been split between featuring one game card and the other being a digital only, or even games requiring a SD card to even play the game regardless of retail or digital purchase.

Last year during E3, Nintendo showed off their Nintendo Direct video showcasing various games coming to the Nintendo Switch system. To everyone's surprise, a plethora of Final Fantasy games from Square Enix was also announced during the time and was planned to arrive on the system this year. So far only two has been given release dates, but more is planned soon.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    huh neat. I may already have it on the vita and PC but that is still pretty cool.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ Switch Dawg

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Dude I LOVED Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age. I didn't get to play it when it released in 2006 but man was I glad to get my hands on it last summer. I can see why many many a fan was disappointed by 12's offerings as a mainline Final Fantasy game. But if you can go back now and try it, its good.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What make it better? Does it still play like some MMO Game? :ninja:

5. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    FF 12 is a must buy for me.

6. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    8 and 13 on Switch, when? :P

7. BORTZ

BORTZ Switch Dawg

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah it still plays like an MMO. And that's what i liked about it.