Gaming Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster confirmed for Localization - Releases March 21st 2014!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I have a paid off preorder, I can't get it today. I need to study for a midterm for tomorrow, and have work to get done tomorrow that makes having a new game I'll want to sink hours upon hours into problematic. On the plus side, I'll be grabbing it Thursday for my Vita to kick off my spring break.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone help me out here. As someone who has NEVER played Final Fantasy (unless you count dissidia), but I enjoy games like SMT, Persona and Disgaea and such, SHOULD i get this game? Should I start with a different final fantasy and see if i would want to play this game? I have a hacked psp mode vita so I do have access to Final Fantasy games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone help me out here. As someone who has NEVER played Final Fantasy (unless you count dissidia), but I enjoy games like SMT, Persona and Disgaea and such, SHOULD i get this game? Should I start with a different final fantasy and see if i would want to play this game? I have a hacked psp mode vita so I do have access to Final Fantasy games.

Personally, I'd start with an older Final Fantasy like VI (also called 3) on the Snes ;) :P IV and V are good as well!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
An easy introduction to final fantasy could be the games mentioned in the post above me. Also good games to play are the PlayStation versions of VII, VIII and IX. X is different from games before it, just like XII. XIII is a completely different thing, but easily available for ps3 and 360.

Also, now almost all final fantasy games from I to X are available on the PSVita in one form or the other :)

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh been playing the Japanese version with English subtitle on my CFW PS3 and I just had to blow $40 to get the Vita version for convenience.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shame there isn't a limited edition for the Vita. Oh well, not much to do about it. Still seems that

Don't know why companies can't do transfers between $ and €. The game costs $39,99 in US and €44,99 in my country. €45 is about $62. So yea..

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya! Servers are finally updated for my account. PS3 version available. I'm now tempted to charge it to my phone bill but my harddrive is already getting full-ish. Not down to 40gb from 250gb like my xb360 hdd but is down to like 100.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems that some stores in my country already got the game, but the one store I pre-ordered the game at still doesn't have it. Maybe they'll 'release' it later today or I'm gonna get it at the other shop. Anyway, what does the 'Character Creation' actually do? Only thing I read about it is that you can capture monsters and some NPC's, but is it available from the start?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

FFX doesn't really have a similar feel to the previous FF games, but I would still recommend playing 4-9 anyways. It would probably be better to watch a couple gameplay videos/emulate it via PCSX2 first and then decide whether or not you'll enjoy it.

Though try not to judge it on it's terribad voice acting...:P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFX doesn't really have a similar feel to the previous FF games, but I would still recommend playing 4-9 anyways. It would probably be better to watch a couple gameplay videos/emulate it via PCSX2 first and then decide whether or not you'll enjoy it.

Though try not to judge it on it's terribad voice acting...:P

Terribad voice acting is right XD

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
20140319_165109.jpg

Gutted my LE came first, Vita should be tomorrow.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
chavosaur

I concur with Tom. Play X (play the PAL version for the Dark Aeons) and older Final Fantasy titles on emulators/ISOs. If you really need to expand your Vita library, maybe you could buy the Vita version of FF X-2. Despite it's horrid plot, characters, etc. the battle system is pretty enjoyable for the most part. Plus, X-2 HD includes features that were originally exclusive to Japan.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I played a little bit of the game last night and earlier this morning and I'd have to agree with GameWinner; the game definitely looks great. Only a couple complaints, one is the voice acting which I heard was supposed to be improved with the rest of the audio in the game, but it appears to be, to my ears, the same as the PS2 version and it clashes with the remastered soundtrack. The other involves the FMVs, they still look great but from what I can tell they were just stretched or cropped to fit and it looks kinda meh.

But other than that the game is still pretty "good". The only time I've ever played through the game was via emulation, so it's nice to play a version that doesn't have random lag spikes all over the place :lol:

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This picture looks beautiful! I hunted amazon.uk yesterday and kept refreshing until I was able to order 2 of those. Just waiting for them to ship now :D

I doubt they'll stock these again they are preorder LEs on amazon UK it just lets you set up an alert for new stock.
I don't know whether to wrap mine up and put it in the attic and forget about it to give to my son some day or whether to just ebay it and make a quick profit.
I only paid £29.99 for it from 365games.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I doubt they'll stock these again they are preorder LEs on amazon UK it just lets you set up an alert for new stock.
I don't know whether to wrap mine up and put it in the attic and forget about it to give to my son some day or whether to just ebay it and make a quick profit.
I only paid £29.99 for it from 365games.
It's true that it just letting you set up an alert, but it kept having 1 copy that goes online for a few minutes and then taken back (which makes you see the alert screen again)

So I managed to get 3 copies now. 1 I'll open, one I'll keep stored for collection purposes, and a 3rd for my brother.

I wouldn't suggest selling it unless you really need the money. I paid £29.86 each, which is awesome considering my order was on the 18th.

Amazon charged me for them this morning. Estimated delivery time is on the 22nd :)

Edit: and now it's been dispatched :D

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
For those who still want one, it's now on Amazon UK by 3rd party reseller for £33.72.. And it looks like has a lot of copies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1