Hacking Final Fantasy WiiWare DLC not as safe as it should be

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just finished Lost Winds (10/10) and decided to start playing My Life as a King, with the DLC unlocked.

It was then, that I discovered the following:

"The EXTRAs release is bad as its been packed with a bad wadpacker, resulting in kikekakikrules being overwritten on the
ticket. This makes the ticket bad and although playable, its not a legit ticket and the game cannot be redownloaded from the WiiShop channel like it should be able to."

"It's not proper, because the guy decided to modify the game messages to insult deadpool."

Two messages, from two differents websites.

I believe that the problem is with the person who provided this .wad, and not with any possible crash of protection.

Has anyone ever tested this .wad of My Life as a King with the content released? Is it safe?

Thanks in advance!
ph34r.gif

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The buildings DLC is already in the game and has been unlocked in this version by changing them to active, this isn't the correct way and you will see the word error in the corner sometimes, to do it correctly the content needs to be bought and dumped which hasn't been done yet.

Another one, lol.

Seems like the problem is w/ the uploader. Alright, I will play without the DLC
smile.gif

Thx.

Nunim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those messages are about 2 different releases, the first being the EXTRAS scene release, the second is about Jurai's hacked wad. He took it upon himself to write a silly message in the opening of FF:CC because he acts about 12 years old. I can't tell you if it's safe to use in the long term or not.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, the DLC isn't "activated" but it is... if that makes sense...

In the "Download New Content" menu, it's still available. And when you start a new game, ALL the "dugeons" show up on the "world map", which shouldn't happen.

What needs to be done is the content downloaded, and ripped.

I have the "King" costume downloaded, and can rip it if people want it.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine works absolutely fine except for a deadpool insult message right at the start (it only flashes for a split second). I've been playing it for about 6 or so hours and I haven't had any problems with it at all. And I mean none.

EDIT:
Though I'll backup my save and get a newer one if i can get an un-modified DLC version just to be safe.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Mine works absolutely fine except for a deadpool insult message right at the start (it only flashes for a split second). I've been playing it for about 6 or so hours and I haven't had any problems with it at all. And I mean none.

EDIT:
Though I'll backup my save and get a newer one if i can get an un-modified DLC version just to be safe.

Same here.

What does that insult say? i can't read that fast.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there's several issues with these releases:

- all extra dungeons are open immediately and once you shut down and load your save again later, the exploration is back to 0 for those extra dungeons and you lose all shortcuts etc, they're tagged as "new" again, but you can't re-explore them.

- one dungeon is opened that is probably not meant to be in the game at all, its name is "Error" and you get a library if you unlock it. however, the library behaves like a house with one guy living in it, and you can actually walk through the building as if it wasn't there, plus its described effect doesn't seem to happen.

- costume settings etc aren't saved.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, that would explain a couple of things. However, as long as you explore the dingeons fully before saving, you still unlock the object.
And can someone help me with the game? I have so many shops and places my adventurers can go to, that they now spend all day getting stuff and travelling to the dungeons. Then they getting nothing done, so I'm now stuck in a bit of a rut!
Do you unlock something later on that lets your adventurers adventure by night, or will I just have to dismantle the shops for now? It's really getting annoying.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've unpacked the wad and edited the files with a hex editor to remove the insult at the beginning. I'll be testing it out later today because I've been a bit busy with other things
ph34r.gif

Or if someone has nothing to do, i could send you the wad and test it for me.
biggrin.gif
The insult at the beginning is quite rude toward a member here at gbatemp. I wont quote it, but this member does not deserve to be insulted in that way. If my edited wad works, i hope others will reinstall their versions with mine so we could forget about the previous release entirely.

The things people do to get a message across...

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deba94 said:
I've unpacked the wad and edited the files with a hex editor to remove the insult at the beginning. I'll be testing it out later today because I've been a bit busy with other things
ph34r.gif

Or if someone has nothing to do, i could send you the wad and test it for me.
biggrin.gif
The insult at the beginning is quite rude toward a member here at gbatemp. I wont quote it, but this member does not deserve to be insulted in that way. If my edited wad works, i hope others will reinstall their versions with mine so we could forget about the previous release entirely.

The things people do to get a message across...

no you won't send the wad, it is against the rules

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean a title you should look for on a public tracker. (sorry for the misleading post
happy.gif
)

Anywho, I'm finished with my other stuff, so ill test it out myself. I'll get back to you all if it works/fails.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
Ah, that would explain a couple of things. However, as long as you explore the dingeons fully before saving, you still unlock the object.
And can someone help me with the game? I have so many shops and places my adventurers can go to, that they now spend all day getting stuff and travelling to the dungeons. Then they getting nothing done, so I'm now stuck in a bit of a rut!
Do you unlock something later on that lets your adventurers adventure by night, or will I just have to dismantle the shops for now? It's really getting annoying.

later on (I think you need the emporium) the item shops get magical torches, which lets them stay out for longer.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
later on (I think you need the emporium) the item shops get magical torches, which lets them stay out for longer.

Damnit, that's miles away! Well, I dismantled all my shops and built them all in the same place, so they don't have to run all over the place, and that saved quite a bit of time. But they still don't get a huge amount of exploring done. Plus the fact that you can't manage half your adventurers because there aren't enough boards is quite annoying.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

Damnit, that's miles away! Well, I dismantled all my shops and built them all in the same place, so they don't have to run all over the place, and that saved quite a bit of time. But they still don't get a huge amount of exploring done. Plus the fact that you can't manage half your adventurers because there aren't enough boards is quite annoying.

i'm not sur but don't you get the magic torches when you build a second item store?
whenever you build a new store you unlock something new for it to waste your money on

edit: Also what is the max number of adventurers you can have? If im not mistaking there is only one guild hall you can build, so that makes 16 adventurers total?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...