Hacking Question Final Fantasy VIII Remastered firmware update.

Drban789

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey with FF VIII Remastered released last night I went to play and requires a firmware update i'm on 7.0.0 atm (was 5.1.0) but used ChoiDujourNX to auto-RCM. Any idea which firmware I will have to use with ChoiDujourNX to get final fantasy VIII remastered to play?

Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey with FF VIII Remastered released last night I went to play and requires a firmware update i'm on 7.0.0 atm (was 5.1.0) but used ChoiDujourNX to auto-RCM. Any idea which firmware I will have to use with ChoiDujourNX to get final fantasy VIII remastered to play?

Thanks

Update your firmware to 8.1.0 via choidujourNX.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
it asks for 8.1.0 but can still run on 7.0.0 if you install it using ignore firmware requirement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can tell which keys are used with switch backup manager. I saw that astral chain was signed with 7.0.0, so I assume the same for final fantasy viii, which I have. I'm on the latest firmware though.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
With what OS? I use SX OS atm
doesn't matter as long as you install it using goldleaf and choose ignore firmware and not the default SX installer
I didn't try ffviii yet, but as godreborn said astral chain is having similar requirement and it runs on SX OS on 7.0.1

D

Deleted User

Not everything is perfect when you ignore required firmware. I recommend updating to 8.1.0 at least on emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed