Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 is officially announced, titled Rebirth, Remake Part 1 coming to Steam

More Final Fantasy VII news is here, with Square Enix hosting a 25th-anniversary stream, showing off upcoming projects related to the classic game. One of those reveals was that Final Fantasy Remake Part 2 has officially been announced, and will be released sometime next winter. Part 2 will have the title of Rebirth, and will be the second entry in what's to be a remake trilogy. Development has supposedly progressed rapidly, according to series director Tetsuya Nomura. saying that Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will offer a "fresh, new experience" for players new and old. FF7 remake's producer, Yoshinori Kitase stated the following, regarding the development of the game.

Three years may feel like a long time for all the fans who are eagerly awaiting the next game, but we want to offer the best experience possible and reassure everyone that development is proceeding at an astonishingly fast pace for such a large-scale HD title. Making the middle part of a trilogy has its own challenges, but there are plenty of classic second installments in the world of film that are defined by stunning story twists and deeper explorations of their characters. Often these second installments become a favorite amongst the fans. In the same vein, we are aiming to make Final Fantasy VII Rebirth an even more gripping and memorable experience than Final Fantasy VII Remake, so please wait a little longer while we finish up.

Additionally, it was revealed that the first part of Final Fantasy VII's remake will be headed to Steam, after being exclusive to the Epic Games Store until now. The Steam release will be out tomorrow, and is confirmed to run on the Steam Deck.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't wait to see people complaining about not having come out to Xbox and cursing Sony in every way possible because of the low-level exclusivity deal as if Switch and PS users could play Starfield.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII: Remake - Intergrade
Final Fantasy VII: Remake - Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: VII

Just rename Square-Enix to FFVII Inc. Or Shinra.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can't wait to see people complaining about not having come out to Xbox and cursing Sony in every way possible because of the low-level exclusivity deal as if Switch and PS users could play Starfield.
Starfield isn't an exclusivity deal. Microsoft owns Bethesda and their IP.

TBH, I've never cared about Bethesda or Square Enix RPGs so I'm good. I'd like to see more jrpgs make it to Xbox though.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the world view. I wouldnt be surprised if they cut all the good shit out and made it a shitty linier hold your hand piece of shit like the first remake. Graphics is not what made this game great.

Edit...and wtf part 2 of a triligy where the fuck does this one stop after they move the cannon. Jesus milking the shit out of it.

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! I have been waiting a long time for news of this. Due to the fact that there will be another one after this, I believe Rebirth will continue the party's journey up until the end of the original disk one, which ended unfortunately if you catch my meaning...

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guerrilla has made a sequel to HZD, horizon forbidden west,
Square Enix is making this
But what about BOTW2? I haven't heard any news on that since 2019, but have they supposedly been working on it since late 2017. If Guerrilla and square can come out with much more graphically beautiful sequels in a lot quicker time, what has Nintendo been doing? Are they procrastinating?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like they're not going to kill of Aerith this time... And are they remaking Crisis Core for the system as a standalone game, or as a DLC? I'm hoping it's standalone, I'll gladly pay $60 for that gem.

Reactions: dimenfer

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess Part 3 will be on the PS6.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for all the parts of Chrono Trigger remastered, and how will they even split it into parts. One part per era?

soyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care if Aerith lives or not. We all know she died in the original game and the story isn't special enough to me for me to expect Square Enix to remain faithful to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1