'Final Fantasy VII Remake' demo available now on PlayStation Store

ff7 remake.jpg

PS4 owners, rejoice! Just today, Square Enix has released a demo for the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake! This demo allows gamers to play through the opening chapter of the game, as well as the events of the iconic Mako Reactor 1 bombing mission.

Moreover, those who download the demo before May 11, 2020 will also receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 theme when the full game launches next month!

In FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, players will be drawn into a world where the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation, controls the planet’s very life force. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to an anti-Shinra organisation calling themselves Avalanche. The first game in the project is set in the city of Midgar, and is a fully standalone gaming experience designed for RPG players that crave unforgettable characters, a powerful story and the ability to choose their style of play with a battle system that merges thrilling real-time action with strategic, command-based combat.

Head to the PlayStation Store right now to try out the demo. Final Fantasy VII Remake releases on April 10, 2020.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:download: PlayStation Store Demo Link

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're still wrong. It's not a fallacious argument. It's not even an argument I made. It's not an argument at all. You misused the term. Pure projection.

I said the enforcing charity is a fallacy, because you were leveraging the claim of moral value of my actions on the quality of charity.

What cult? The cult of explaining your position? You've completely given up arguing the issue now. This doesn't make sense.

I explained my position. That's done. I disagree with your approach as being a method to extrapolate any truth. I recognize it a method of proselytizing.

Misrepresenting what facts? It's a discussion forum, ask supershadow64ds what he means, to clarify his terms, be constructive. It's not a matter of black and white. Engage with the point of the post.

The fact that the game, by any reasonable consensus, is ambitious. Good or bad, it is measurable by many more metrics than just the insinuated low effort in art direction. Your advice is to take the bait, but I'd rather enjoy something more thoughtful.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
But the fundamental problem is that nobody is asking for charity to be enforced. How can I reiterate this enough? It is not, and has not been my position that you be forced into any charitable behavioural standards.

It is my assessment of the position you took because I do not think that what you said was fair. The matter of being charitable itself is not relevant. What you did was uncharitable, but I am not imposing a charitable imperative upon you.

The argument being made by me in this situation is: "This is not charitable because it is not a fair representation of what was said." The argument of lack of charity is against your representation of the post and not a demand of you.

What enforced charity implies: "This is unfair, therefore you must be charitable." You created this "enforced charity" imperative and are projecting it onto me. Unfairly, I might add.

The idea of the interpretation exercise is not to extrapolate the truth, but to understand how you think. How you come to the conclusions that you do. I wish to understand, thus am affording the benefit of the doubt and not simply dismissing your position. If you don't like it, fine, I'm not going to force you to engage. As I said way back when I asked you to participate, I'm happy to stop at any time.

Here we have a whole slew of questions about what you just referred to as facts. Why is it ambitious? What is consensus and why does that make the level of ambition a fact? How do we measure good and bad? How does supershadow64ds measure good and bad? What elements of the game does he think are good and bad?

As far as I can see, the implication was "you've played it before, you know what to expect". But we can obviously do better than this and we can engage a person on those grounds easily!

You want to enjoy something more thoughtful? That's fine, but do you think engaging in calling someone a troll is going to provide you with that thoughtful experience instead of interrogating their ideas?

Last edited by FGFlann,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My issue is really the uncharitable treatment of another user that doesn't deserve it.

I don't think charity can be "earned". Your proposition is that I was being unfair to someone by being uncharitable, whose uncharitable behavior you won't acknowledge. You seem to suggest that being charitable is the "right" thing to do, but only if I do it.

As far as I can see, the implication was "you've played it before, you know what to expect". But we can obviously do better than this and we can engage a person on those grounds easily!

This is you, unfairly characterizing what was said, in the name of charity, at the expense of integrity and accountability. We all make mistakes...

You want to enjoy something more thoughtful? That's fine, but do you think engaging in calling someone a troll is going to provide you with that thoughtful experience instead of interrogating their ideas?

Not to resort to "ad-hom" but my engagement with you was far more thoughtful than what I can assume would have happened in engaging in the lower-effort trolling.

Why is it ambitious? What is consensus and why does that make the level of ambition a fact? How do we measure good and bad? How does supershadow64ds measure good and bad? What elements of the game does he think are good and bad?

Can you genuinely make an argument that a mutli-billion dollar company staking its value on a decade long commitment, thousands of man hours, extreme levels of marketing, with the expressed intent to rebuild one of history's most famous games from the ground up in the hopes to do it even better as not ambitious? I also said good or bad, it is measurable. That means that it doesn't matter if it is good or bad product in the end, that it doesn't change the magnitude. Again, not to delegitimize my actual points by interjecting a personal observation, but you are a putz.

But please be charitable with how you interpret all of that, because surely you do not know what I really mean, and to to say anything that might hurt my feelings would just be unfair.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think charity can be "earned". Your proposition is that I was being unfair to someone by being uncharitable, whose uncharitable behavior you won't acknowledge. You seem to suggest that being charitable is the "right" thing to do, but only if I do it.
Being charitable is a state of being, it is not necessarily something someone earns. We all have moments where we are uncharitable and we assume the worst about a person. Even I do this, nobody's perfect and I would never hold it against someone in the long term. I find it best to make as few assumptions about my discussion partners as possible, I will engage with them on the face of what they say and I do damndest to stick that. Should I fail, I expect to be held to account as well.

This is you, unfairly characterizing what was said, in the name of charity, at the expense of integrity and accountability. We all make mistakes...
Is it unfair though? If so, why? Should I not take someone's opinion at face value and look for deeper meaning instead? I can't work that way. All I see is a lazy opinion about FF7R that should be taken to task, I don't see le epic troll anywhere in it.

Not to resort to "ad-hom" but my engagement with you was far more thoughtful than what I can assume would have happened in engaging in the lower-effort trolling.
This is the irony isn't it? I can appreciate that. But I won't always be here to pick up the slack.

Can you genuinely make an argument that a mutli-billion dollar company staking its value on a decade long commitment, thousands of man hours, extreme levels of marketing, with the expressed intent to rebuild one of history's most famous games from the ground up in the hopes to do it even better as not ambitious? I also said good or bad, it is measurable. That means that it doesn't matter if it is good or bad product in the end, that it doesn't change the magnitude. Again, not to delegitimize my actual points by interjecting a personal observation, but you are a putz.
Please don't misunderstand. My argument is not that is not ambitious, to say that is incorrect. I actually agree with you. My argument is that you should be putting those points to your discussion partner and not dismissing them out of hand. Have them explain to you why they think the way they do. Are they only concerned about the story? Are the graphics and gameplay not particularly important to them? The quest should be to come to an understanding. That's my philosophy.

But please be charitable with how you interpret all of that, because surely you do not know what I really mean, and to to say anything that might hurt my feelings would just be unfair.
Always, my friend.

Last edited by FGFlann,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
How exactly is "stop" replied with "ok I'm happy to stop" not a mutual agreement that the argument should stop?
Because the discussion is between myself and tabzer, not myself and the_randomizer. I don't wish to be antagonistic about it, I have offered you my apology and that is all I can do. Please accept it.

Last edited by FGFlann,

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the discussion is between myself and tabzer, not myself and the_randomizer. I don't wish to be antagonistic about it, I have offered you my apology and that is all I can do. Please accept it.
That's not what we're talking about. Me pointing out the ridiculousness of how you agreed to stop and kept going has nothing to do with the_randomizer. You claimed that you never agreed to stop since it wasn't a mutual agreement, however, that is clearly not true. You did agree to stop, then kept going, so my laughter at it remains valid.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shit are those two fools still arguing - total disrespect to those tht want to talk ff7 - so glad I ignored them both

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, we probably deserve that and more. I can't offer you more than an apology though. Please, continue with FF7 discussion. I will do my best not to respond to the matter any further even if I really feel the need to.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, anyway. Does anyone know how to dodge the electricity slam. I beat the boss already, but that slam was impossible to dodge. If the floor starts to glow and you're in any animation at all, it seems to late. You'll get hit in the middle of the dodge.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Jessie
Oops...
Hey, look at the news... What a blast.
Think it was all because of my bomb? But all I really did was just make it like the computer told me.
Oh no! I must've made a miscalculation somewhere.
Hey, that was my bomb's debut. Makes me kinda proud.

When you return to 7th Heaven and you talk to Jessie in the basement, she will tell you that the bomb shouldn't have made all that damage... And when you go to reactor 5 the president will show up, meaning that he already knew their movements (everyone is surprised that he's even there).

The nuance at least gives room for the possibility in the new adjustment of the narrative. Considering what was said about FFVII not having everything implemented that the devs wanted, it's not that far-fetched.

Shit are those two fools still arguing - total disrespect to those tht want to talk ff7 - so glad I ignored them both. I, too, like to be ironic and edgy. :teach:

:sleep:

Well, anyway. Does anyone know how to dodge the electricity slam. I beat the boss already, but that slam was impossible to dodge. If the floor starts to glow and you're in any animation at all, it seems to late. You'll get hit in the middle of the dodge.

I dodged it successfully half the time. There is a subtle flash of the ring and you have half a second to initiate the dodge before it does the damaging attack. Idk if changing difficulty affects this kind of mechanic. The slam is just seems like collateral damage for fighting melee. Does blocking mitigate any damage with that? I'm horrible at blocking in every game I play.

Last edited by tabzer,

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dodged it successfully half the time. There is a subtle flash of the ring and you have half a second to initiate the dodge before it does the damaging attack. Idk if changing difficulty affects this kind of mechanic. The slam is just seems like collateral damage for fighting melee. Does blocking mitigate any damage with that? I'm horrible at blocking in every game I play.
I don't recall blocking mitigating much damage for the shock slam. The only point I found blocking useful was for the rockets. Other than that, it just didn't reduce damage enough to be worth going for. I don't recall a flash either. Theres a glow on the floor, but it isn't soon enough to finish whatever animation your in and still dodge far enough out to not get hit, in my experience.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah. The glow you are talking about is what I'm talking about. It's difficult to dodge. Not sure if it's 100% possible. Most of the times I was too far inside the circle and in the middle of a chain. I have never used so many cure spells and potions in a FF battle before.

Last edited by tabzer,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Just think about how often you used the guard command in classic final fantasy games. I'm willing to bet it's not often, and more than likely only if you had nothing else to do. Trying to avoid damage in this demo is mostly a waste of time, even when the scorpion guard is locked onto you it's more efficient to keep doing damage and take the hit, then just heal when your ATB fills up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse