ROM Hack Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

ImYoungxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Difference between NT and Omni?
I beat this maybe 15 years ago and forgot mostly everything except for the major parts.

What is your recommendation?

TIA

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ImYoungxD I'd suggest playing Project Omnislash first since it's the OG original game. Then when OmniThreat is finished and released I'd play through that for your second playthrough because it changes up the original story and adds in some new and interesting things to change everything up. OmniThreat will be a merge of Project Omnislash and the NT mod. If you back track on here a couple pages you'll see mention of the OmniThreat project to come and info on it.

Last edited by MrEffler22,

Joshifer34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of interest, how can you tell the overclock is working on SX OS? I’m running Atmosphere with the overclock but I couldn’t tell you whether overclock was working or not (even though I’m pretty sure it is).

I ran it without it and the opening star scene took over 2 minutes before they show aerith. Stars were idk 5 frames per second maybe. Lol Then I added the file and it played normally

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ImYoungxD Then when OmniThreat is finished and released I'd play through that for your second playthrough because it changes up the original story and adds in some new and interesting things to change everything up.

ACTUALLY NT Is really just a difficulty mod/re-balance. The story stays exactly the same. It makes a relatively easy game slightly more challenging, while making every weapon/materia diverse enough from each other that every character can be built differently instead of mostly the same.

Last edited by Fewtch22,
Reactions: MrEffler22

CelicaGTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the confusion. Got it working on sx os. Apparently a few files didn’t copy over correctly. Working good now. And again the over clock works.

So what did you do? I tried copying it over but i couldnt get it to work. Sorry for bothering you

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For future people wondering about installation for the project, I’ve updated the first home post with a new “How to install this project” section that shows what file to install and where to install it. Also, what the final file structure should look like after installation based on whatever CFW you are using. Hope this aids some people with the installation issue. Enjoy the project.

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, got some very good project news. Out of request from @Rahkeesh, Me and Fewtch have been working together to try porting HD battle backgrounds to the project without impacting overall performance and so far everything is running amazingly with no drops at all. Meaning, if this remains the case the project with the next update will be updated with all HD battle backgrounds. Finally I don’t know if it’s just me and Fewtch but we’ve also noticed a very good overall performance increase with FF7 on Switch since installing the latest music fix update. It’s like they’ve done more to the game than just those music fixes. The game runs a hell of a lot smoother base game wise and Project Omnislash wise. I’m loving it! But yeah just wanted to share all that new information with everyone regarding the project and such. Hope everyone enjoys their week.

img_0010.jpg

BringMeBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Also, got some very good project news. Out of request from @Rahkeesh, Me and Fewtch have been working together to try porting HD battle backgrounds to the project without impacting overall performance and so far everything is running amazingly with no drops at all. Meaning, if this remains the case the project with the next update will be updated with all HD battle backgrounds. Finally I don’t know if it’s just me and Fewtch but we’ve also noticed a very good overall performance increase with FF7 on Switch since installing the latest music fix update. It’s like they’ve done more to the game than just those music fixes. The game runs a hell of a lot smoother base game wise and Project Omnislash wise. I’m loving it! But yeah just wanted to share all that new information with everyone regarding the project and such. Hope everyone enjoys their week.

Thank you for the great work! What do you think about combining this with Remako mod?

XxAsunaxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just found about this today, and wow, it's amazing what you guys are doing, really great job, can't wait till the final update comes so I can start playing this.

Thanks again for doing this, this is the real remake we wanted :D

D

Deleted User

ok so i think you answered one of my questions install latest update is ok so there's that

look I know this is your project thread and I don't want to hijack it but question hoping someone knowledgeable here can answer so I have an sram save from retroarch. I am considering ditching it cause i mean id like to experience the game start to finish in omnislash but the thought of redoing stuff I just did frustrates me (lost progress and all) but if I gotta I gotta. How would I convert this sram save to a switch save? I see where like people say use black chocobo but no one seems to explain the way you truly convert? If it isn't possible I will just begin my playthrough. Thanks for any help.

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i think you answered one of my questions install latest update is ok so there's that

look I know this is your project thread and I don't want to hijack it but question hoping someone knowledgeable here can answer so I have an sram save from retroarch. I am considering ditching it cause i mean id like to experience the game start to finish in omnislash but the thought of redoing stuff I just did frustrates me (lost progress and all) but if I gotta I gotta. How would I convert this sram save to a switch save? I see where like people say use black chocobo but no one seems to explain the way you truly convert? If it isn't possible I will just begin my playthrough. Thanks for any help.

Just start a game and save it at the first save near reactor.

Then extract your save with edizon or checkpoint whatever you fancy.

Then use black chocobo to edit to your hearts content. Then re-inject the same edited save with the checkpoint or edizon or which ever method you want to use.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Just start a game and save it at the first save near reactor.

Then extract your save with edizon or checkpoint whatever you fancy.

Then use black chocobo to edit to your hearts content. Then re-inject the same edited save with the checkpoint or edizon or which ever method you want to use.

ok so basically I use the switch save to inject my retroarch save thanks boss I will give that a go.

thanks so much worked perfect

Last edited by ,

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DiscostewSM Yes I’d still suggest using the overclock config file for the best performance. The config file is safe though so it won’t harm your switch in anyway. It’s set to run at a max like normal high end games on the normal switch require. Nothing higher.

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran it without it and the opening star scene took over 2 minutes before they show aerith. Stars were idk 5 frames per second maybe. Lol Then I added the file and it played normally

I’ve just thought. That is actually no way to tell if the overclock is working. The intro videos are just that, videos. The overclock would have no effect. Also the original FMV hangs around the starts for a long time while the modded version has a different video which shows Aeris much faster.

So actually we still don’t know if overclock works on SX OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended