Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by MrEffler22, Apr 21, 2019.

1. lane87

lane87 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2018
    United States
    Right well all the files have been dragged and dropped.... so clearly we have an issue somewhere else.... Lucky you pal that you had been able to drag and drop and all other variables had been spot on.

2. Haraxmant

Haraxmant Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    United States
    All is pretty calm now, let's hope for the best in all our future projects.
    A wise man once said
    "Everybody Hatin and Killin. Druggin and Stealin trying to fill their plate"
    and it really spoke to me, ain't no reason to add any more hate to the world over some modding

don't you agree @MrEffler22

Last edited by Haraxmant, Jun 24, 2019
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  3. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    I am really sorry bro usually I would have replied to you. My frank advice is you are doing it wrong. I just love sxos. USB drive with over 400 xci! It's cray cray! But the truly cool thing is your sxos dongle makes your switch a multiboot device. Simple power off the switch and hold vol - at boot. Make sure your sd has the latest hekate and atmosphere. Then boot to hekate. Then to atmosphere. Make sure you copy of sysclick files and the config team omnislash provides you. The key reason here is overclock. As opposed to using sxos at stock clocks use overclock and this mod works much better. Also make sure you have latest update for ff7. While it will work with sxos I just wouldn't use sxos personally. Mod files are already pretty much setup for drag and drop but the mod itself goes in atmosphere/titles. With that said sxos should actually work for the most part just stop denying yourself atmosphere ability. It's one of the coolest features of sxos!

nevdee, MrEffler22 and lane87 like this.
  4. lane87

lane87 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2018
    United States
    This sounds good, lots of things I'll look into! Thanks for your advise! And not being a bell end like other people who have replied to my post!

MrEffler22 likes this.
  5. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    cool and uh don't forget those sweet patches :evil:

MrEffler22 likes this.
  6. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for this ive been through many modding/editor communities far back when I was on 360Haven the one thing Ive noticed from all of them were when ppl start policing for credits the projects would end instantly. Some modders didn't care too much for it they just wanted to help improve the project thus in the end they will get proper credit anyway.

MrEffler22 likes this.
  7. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States

If you watch the last 4 mins or so here you will know when the first crash happens and know when to save your game there is a save point anyway but hey at least you will know when to exit and not have to wait through the cinema....

Tut

Last edited by seanp2500, Jun 24, 2019
    MrEffler22 likes this.
  8. AirbusX

AirbusX Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    United States
    Sorry if it's a stupid question, but must overclocking be used in order for this to run well?

9. MrEffler22
    OP

MrEffler22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Now I can respect and get behind that 100%, I agree. I harbor no hard feelings for any of you, I wish you all the best with your future endeavors. Both virtual and in real life. At times we may get upset because we are only human. But at the end of the day, we are all brothers and sisters.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

With the Switches software limitations it’s recommended for optimal performance but it’s not truly needed. Another more scaled down and optimized second version was released for SXOS user stability in the previous comments you can find it if you search through.

10. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    Any chance of tidying this thread with all of @RAWRzilla22 stuff to as this works alot better for me on SXOS.

wakabayashy likes this.
  11. MrEffler22
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Yeah when I get home today I’ll work on updating the home page with that release for SXOS users.

12. MrEffler22
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Hey brother amazing work as always. Would you be okay with me posting your tutorial video into the read me on the home page? Like you said I think some people do better with actually seeing the installation of the mod with their own eyes instead of going through and reading the included Read me. So I’m sure your video could help a lot of people.

13. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    Of course. Yeah right now i am confused is there a newer release? I just noticed the filzesise is 500mb extracted it came out to like over a gig. Are you madmen updating it again lol. Also is there anyway to fix the sephiroth crashes or all hope is lost?

MrEffler22 likes this.
  14. MrEffler22
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Sweet thanks very much that will help a lot of people. And which version are you on currently? The last release released on the home page or Fewtch’s updated integrated version that’s been scaled down char and magic wise to help SXOS users? Currently with the Switches software limitations it looks like all hope is lost unless we can go in and find out how to turn off the filtering applied to the entire game. That’s the only thing that really sucks about the Switch release. That filtering is running at all times and that puts a strain on the system then trying to load the project on top of that just sets everything over the edge in those scenes where Sephiroth uses his trippy powers to duplicate the character models. We are hoping we can find out a way to remove the filtering in due time though so just keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited by MrEffler22, Jun 24, 2019
  15. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    Awesome me no want anything toned down i love it how it is so that answers that...yeah i noticed it happened when sephiroth gets all crazy i went back to stock and was like my eyes my eyes!

MrEffler22 likes this.
  16. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    is there a way to edit the config file to stretch into widescreen, i want to stretch it to hide the black bars top & sides, any info if this is possible? it was done for PC

Last edited by xenocard, Jun 25, 2019
  17. MrEffler22
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    As of now this option isn’t available on the Switch, but hopefully down the road someone will figure out how to make it work.

Last edited by MrEffler22, Jun 25, 2019
    Darederil and xenocard like this.
  18. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    do you know the name of these model textures (in the video) @ 3:26 Time Stamp

Last edited by xenocard, Jun 25, 2019
  19. lane87

lane87 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2018
    United States
    I'm losing my mind here!! I've tried SXOS, I've tried Atmosphere..... I've tried formatting my SD card to exfat and fat 32.... no matter what I do, I cannot get FF7 to load the mods in the titles folder..... I have repeated the steps countless times.... what the hell am I missing?! I've tried various versions of FF7 as well to make sure it wasn't an issue with that specific NSP.... I'm out of ideas. I've loaded mods for pokemon and zelda with no issues at all, but just ff7 omnislash is not having it at all! PLEASEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPP

20. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    download first link for atmosphere
    use kosmos cfw from sd setup website
    copy the title folder to titles inside atmosphere
    copy text in cfg file to config folder cfg file

play

also update FF7 to fix Music loop bug after every battle encounter
    im in FW 7.0.1