ROM Hack Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

megscenic349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, install everything in your site correctly ignoring the firmware version, the game starts but I get a black window shortly after starting to have an error, it is because I am in 6.2 and if or if I have to have 7 or 8.0, thx

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@badman112 Yeah I can only speak for the build released being stable and tested, because each part is specially formatted and perfected for the switch. anything extra added will most likely cause crash and project issues. @megscenic349 I’m not sure, depends on your CFW build honestly. Join our discord and I’m sure someone would be happy to assist you with installing it correctly. It’s a simple copy and past method of the tiles folder into your tiles folder. Layeredfs is of course required though for the mod to function and do its thing.

arcsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the overclocking compatible for SXOS in the final release? I just tried it yesterday but it lagged incredibly bad. I did not put the overclock config though because I thought it was only for Atmosphere/ReinX users but I just want to know if there's a workaround for SXOS users.

Thanks!

thuggothic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the overclocking compatible for SXOS in the final release? I just tried it yesterday but it lagged incredibly bad. I did not put the overclock config though because I thought it was only for Atmosphere/ReinX users but I just want to know if there's a workaround for SXOS users.

Thanks!
No

It's only for Atmosphere

Reactions: MrEffler22

megscenic349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry,Thanks for answering, I mean my if my error is because my console is in 6.2, but the game ignores the goldleaf firmware installation, the game starts and sees the omnislash project right after the error pops up.

danfozzy85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Awesome job, thank you for making this!

My only question is if there is a way to verify if sys-clk is actually running and if it's found and using the config file? I dropped the config you provided into \config\sys-clock\ and replaced the sample they had provided in their release, but just curious how to make sure it's actually being applied
In the sys-clk folder you should have a log.txt file that will tell you if it has changed the clocks. If it's not present then sys-clk isn't running.

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Ignore this post, the user does not know what they are talking about, holding R is in relation to homebrew apps having full access to system resources and NOTHING AT ALL to do with overclocking, which the SX OS CFW DOES NOT SUPPORT.

ok so sorry, there no overcloking with sx os ^^

D

Deleted User

so I noticed if I run the speed rollercoaster in the golden saucer I am kinda stuck there:

see vid here at 1 hour mark:

I was told that my mod version out of date. Will try updating but just a heads up.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND FOR SHARING IT WITH OUR COMMUNITY!

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@seanp2500 Yes update to the latest version and see if you can replicate the crash. I’ll test it on my end as well and if it presents any problems I’ll look into the issue and see if I can resolve the issue for a future patch. Very good find though my friend and amazing work on the let’s play. I always enjoy sitting back and watching let’s plays of people enjoying the project. Appreciate each and every one of you guys who support and enjoy Project Omnislash.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This config file will overclock your Switch when just running FF7. Helping it handle any sort of lag that may arise from using these HD mods. Just drop this config file into your config folder on the root of SD card and you are all set.
@MrEffler22 Isnt config/sys-clk/ the right place for the config.ini?

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I noticed if I run the speed rollercoaster in the golden saucer I am kinda stuck there:

see vid here at 1 hour mark:

I was told that my mod version out of date. Will try updating but just a heads up.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND FOR SHARING IT WITH OUR COMMUNITY!

Whats even more interesting is....we've made absolutely no changes to the roller coaster minigame. Its just the default one that comes with the game lol.

D

Deleted User

Whats even more interesting is....we've made absolutely no changes to the roller coaster minigame. Its just the default one that comes with the game lol.

word I feel you man. I was scratching my head like um ok now what? lol it's been so many years I don't remember if it just faded out or what originally happened. I tried pressing every button but of course to no avail. Still have not tried the latest release there though. I suppose I could try re dl game check for corrupt data as well. It might not have anything to do with the mod truth be told.

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted below are 3 different menu options for an optimized build of Omnislash. Each link takes you to a full download of this new version. It includes updated movies and much more stable files, able to run well portable without the need of overclocking. Please try them and let me know of any bugs encountered. Omnislash has been out for nearly 2 weeks now and we have recieved very few bug reports and we're hoping its because we've squashed the grand majority of them! Thanks again and enjoy!
D9Si_wLWkAEFwF9

Omnislash Menu: http://bit.ly/OmniMenu2

D9Si_w2WwAAztPD

Default Menu: http://bit.ly/DefaultMenu2

D9Si_xaWkAEXshw

Pixel Menu: http://bit.ly/PixelMenu2

Last edited by Fewtch22,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it enough to just drag & drop over the previous release?
Also, is there any particular reason why the Pixel Menu weighs much less than the Default one?

Last edited by SkullHex2,

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it enough to just drag & drop over the previous release?
Also, is there any particular reason why the Pixel Menu weighs much less than the Default one?
You can drag and drop if you like but I highly recommend replacing it instead. The file size overall is much reduced.
As far as pixel menu, I'm not sure what you mean, they're all about 500mb

Reactions: SkullHex2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over