Gaming final fantasy vii on the ds

magicalshin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been so syked about the remakes of the final fantasy vii on new game consoles.
I also very much like playing my ds.

There have already been four installments for the final fantasy vii.(Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus)
Does it seem possible that Square-Enix can make another one, a fifth one, that can go in the ds.(just a thought)
They have already made a final fantasy xii installment and also a crystal chronicle one too.

I know that all of you are already thinking of the memory capacity and the graphic disappointments but
the rpg game ASH wasnt that bad. Not only that, the remake of the final fantasy iv with the scenes with voices are amazing
to watch for the ds. I've also played the Tales of Innocent game (fantastic) and I saw the previews for the
new Kingdom Hearts 385/2 days game.

What do you think?

I saw this vid and they just used a vid of a final fantasy battle and put it on their cart:
(the vid is a little shakey though but i think you can see)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Spinoff, maybe. Though I wouldn't count on it.

You already mentioned the hardware differences. And I don't think touch screen control suits a port.

I can't even imagine the outcry fans might have if final fantasy vii got tacked on waggle, for that matter.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it that it could be done but won't be if they are going to remake any game next so far it would look like it would either be 5(if they keep going numerically) or 6(if they skip 5 since it isn't as well liked in most cases)

magicalshin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aerowalk said:
magicalshin said:
There have already been four installments for the final fantasy vii.(Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus)

u forgot Last Order and FF VII itself

that's true
so there are already 6 installments

can't they just make a little spinoff
they made it for the ffxii revenant wings and it was kind of a success

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get the hardon people have for FF7

it was great, and I played the hell out of it when I bought it originally, but it's not as good as some of the others in the series

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want a really good sidescrolling RPG, with action combat. That would be enough of a difference to keep it original, but also appeal to FF7 fans.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The name "Final Fantasy 7" is already too attached to the Playstation name.. I doubt Square would ever make a FF7 spin-off, sequel or remake for any system that wasn't Sony's.

So.. take your fanboy wet dreams elsewhere.. it's not happening!

DMCDante

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've heard they are planning something big for the last instalment
I don't think they will do it for the DS
I think they will do a remake of FFVII for the PS3 after theyy have done FFXIII and the spinnoffs
rolleyes.gif

Sable

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Speaking about FF, I dont suppose FF4 DS is consider just a remake? Because I've seen somewhere that new storyline is added and some old storyline is being taken out.

Which make the FF4 DS so much more attractive. Personally I've finished the SNES version or so I think, last part of the game perhaps? I remember some guy dying in the game back in the SNES version, I could be wrong but was it Cid?

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i do not care the slightest bit for a FF7 remake
I'm more looking foreward to a FF6 (FF3 for you americans) that was such a great game, a bit short to now a days stadards but nothing that some new bosses and side quest cant fix

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
theclaw said:
Spinoff, maybe. Though I wouldn't count on it.

You already mentioned the hardware differences. And I don't think touch screen control suits a port.

I can't even imagine the outcry fans might have if final fantasy vii got tacked on waggle, for that matter.

Well, they made a NES port of FF7 so a DS port would be possible, though it would most likely be a homebrew version released by an anonymous developer or group (to avoid legal issues).

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, FF7 was over rated. It isn't an amazing game at all. I did play it, and I just kinda tossed it into my little bin of forgotten games afterwards >.>;;

FF8 was the one that kept me hooked into it (which is why my friends and I are making Triple Triad for the DS homebrew). I will always love this one ;-;

what I would like to see with final fantasy is a spin off fighting game for the DS. A FF-fighting game is already being made for the PSP >.>;

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tikker said:
I don't get the hardon people have for FF7

it was great, and I played the hell out of it when I bought it originally, but it's not as good as some of the others in the series

One reason 3d=boobed Tifa. Thats all no other reason.

Sable said:
Speaking about FF, I dont suppose FF4 DS is consider just a remake? Because I've seen somewhere that new storyline is added and some old storyline is being taken out.

Which make the FF4 DS so much more attractive. Personally I've finished the SNES version or so I think, last part of the game perhaps? I remember some guy dying in the game back in the SNES version, I could be wrong but was it Cid?

No it is not just a remake its the same story they have wanted to use but couldn't for multiple reasons. Here is only a few NoA Censorship, text constraints, cart size issues(for if they went deeper into characters like Kain's backstory). Also no Cid never died the only playable characters I remember dying are FuSoYa and Tellah.

QUOTE(Endogene @ Jun 10 2008, 02:27 PM)
i do not care the slightest bit for a FF7 remake
I'm more looking foreward to a FF6 (FF3 for you americans) that was such a great game, a bit short to now a days stadards but nothing that some new bosses and side quest cant fix

I am right there with yea although I would love to see this, although I hope they keep going numerically with 5 next even though 6 is better I loved the job system in this.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
The name "Final Fantasy 7" is already too attached to the Playstation name.. I doubt Square would ever make a FF7 spin-off, sequel or remake for any system that wasn't Sony's.

Cell phones?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first FF was 5, so it has a special place in my heart. The job system was great, it made battles so much more fun than ANY OTHER FF.
I've played all other FFs since then (except X-2 and XI) and still SNES ones are the best.

GBA port of SNES FFs were good enough. I don't see why FF7 can't be ported to DS when even PS2 ports show up on DS with torn down visuals. Handheld = mobility > graphics.

But Square is so obsessed with graphics in FF series they would rather choose home-consoles over handhelds (except non-mainstream numbered FFs).

And Enix is so obsessed with money they don't care about quality as long as game sells good enough.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XeonZ said:
CockroachMan said:

Cell phones?

It's actually less of hey lets only allow this on Sony's systems and more of Sony's say in Square-Enix since they have a lot of stock in it

QUOTE(deathfisaro @ Jun 10 2008, 09:08 PM)
My first FF was 5, so it has a special place in my heart. The job system was great, it made battles so much more fun than ANY OTHER FF.
I've played all other FFs since then (except X-2 and XI) and still SNES ones are the best.

GBA port of SNES FFs were good enough. I don't see why FF7 can't be ported to DS when even PS2 ports show up on DS with torn down visuals. Handheld = mobility > graphics.

But Square is so obsessed with graphics in FF series they would rather choose home-consoles over handhelds (except non-mainstream numbered FFs).

And Enix is so obsessed with money they don't care about quality as long as game sells good enough.

You make me laugh. Enix doesn't care about quality? haha every game tri-ace puts out is a hit. Not only that but the DQ series is awesome too(excluding the one for Wii) And also do you want to know why the Final Fantasy games tend to be on consoles? If you were smart enough to think about what you said about the GBA remakes then you would know why so they can remake them later for other handhelds and make more money. I also don't really see them as being obsessed with money they are just out there to make money like pretty much every video game company. If you want to call anybody is obsessed with money call Sony that because that is all they are.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pimpmynintendo said:
You make me laugh. Enix doesn't care about quality? haha every game tri-ace puts out is a hit. Not only that but the DQ series is awesome too(excluding the one for Wii) And also do you want to know why the Final Fantasy games tend to be on consoles? If you were smart enough to think about what you said about the GBA remakes then you would know why so they can remake them later for other handhelds and make more money. I also don't really see them as being obsessed with money they are just out there to make money like pretty much every video game company. If you want to call anybody is obsessed with money call Sony that because that is all they are.

So are you saying DQ9 looks as good as Star Ocean 4, requires as many people as Star Ocean 4, showcases the best DQ's got? I see only one reason DQ9 comes out for DS; DS has sold tons of hardware. (Which ultimately translates to fewer crew required, low cost, short production time, high expected sales, etc)

When has any mainstream FF not tried to showcase best graphics possible? Square KNOWS they can score more sales and make more profit by making FF13 for DS, but they don't compromise quality for money. They'd rather showcase FF team's cumulated knowhow and create a masterpiece regardless of how long it takes, how much money it costs, how many people it takes.

If Square were so obsessed with money, they would have accepted Microsoft's offer instead of fusing with Enix. They'd be in hellota better financial condition than now if they did.

And do you honestly think Square planned to port FF6 to GBA in 2006 when they were creating FF6 for SNES in 1993?
Ports happen because handhelds specs have been upped so they can handle old console games, the original was great, fans still want to play it decade after SNES's been obsolete.

Say my child wants to have the same food two days in a row.
Should I serve spaghetti two dinners in a row, or am I a lazy bastard for feeding her the same thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.