1. PineappleGod

PineappleGod God of Nothing

United States
    Well I'm gonna buy this for the fact that is a has a new 24-bit 48khz Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 mix.

osaka35 and banjo2 like this.
  2. BraveDragonWolf

BraveDragonWolf Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was hoping they would do an actual reboot one day not too long ago...
    But I guess this might do...for now.

PineappleGod likes this.
  3. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    i always wait a few months after to check out the "1080p" or "4k" re-releases. especially anime, where they usually do terrible terrible work. Usually prefer pixelation to the smeared-with-oil "HD" look. upscalers are great, but they've still got a looooong way to go. Crossing fingers there's some actual re-rendering involved with this, or at least no crank-it-to-11-upscaling.

4. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    Well, for anime, it mostly won't go any higher than 1080p as most shows and movies are mastered at 1080p or less in the first place. So of course it'll look terrible when they upscale shows that are drawn at or under 1080p to 4K. Especially for much older shows/movies.

I heavily doubt they'll re-render FF7:ACC movie considering they never re-render most of the movie for the first BD release. Feels more like a quick work for more money while riding the FF7R hype. Plus, it's been 12 years since the first BD version came out and 16 years since the first DVD and theatrical release. I heavily doubt they still have the original assets saved up along with the original rendering software updated.

Last edited by LinkmstrYT, Apr 11, 2021
    osaka35 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - releasing, Children, remaster