Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
Hiya

I've been playing with getting some of the FF7 Mods working on the Switch version, and New Threat (arguably one of the more involved and comprehensive mods) seems to be working great!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following fundamental truths:
  1. I didn't write this mod, and cannot support it/troubleshoot it
  2. The original author has no interest in a Non-PC version and thus will not support/troubleshoot this
Having said that, it seems as though the Switch version of the game is so much the same as the PC version that it will even load the Steam versions executable without issue, so any guides for FF7NT should work fine.

If there's any interest in FF7 The Reunion, I'm also going to attempt to get that one working too.

Drop the following in your layeredfs location and enjoy!
https://mega.nz/#!XwonUIaD!-hiACHCPq6UZO-JbFT6_qitavghbXq-9uCd2yQmZli4

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, , Reason: Added download link to OP

cottonMOUSE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
So was this ported? or converted by someone? or what?
I ported it, although 'ported' is a tenuous term because the game required little in the way of changing - the PC version files are mixed caps and the Switch version demands lower caps to maintain case sensitivity.

THANK you for posting the link for me btw!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you also tried the Remako HD graphics mod? That's the only mod I care about.
I'd be happy to give it a looksee!

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded thank you
-) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0

cottonMOUSE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded thank you
Thank you!! I couldn't post the forum link either, this is very helpful!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya

I've been playing with getting some of the FF7 Mods working on the Switch version, and New Threat (arguably one of the more involved and comprehensive mods) seems to be working great!

Please note the following fundamental truths:
  1. I didn't write this mod, and cannot support it/troubleshoot it
  2. The original author has no interest in a Non-PC version and thus will not support/troubleshoot this
Having said that, it seems as though the Switch version of the game is so much the same as the PC version that it will even load the Steam versions executable without issue, so any guides for FF7NT should work fine.

If there's any interest in FF7 The Reunion, I'm also going to attempt to get that one working too.

Drop the following in your layeredfs location and enjoy!
(Link in post #4)
This is great. I've been working on the graphic mod packs. So far I have ChaOS working along with a custom version of Avalanche Arisen that was made just for Switch. Throw in some other things like newer avatars and opening screen and this is what I've got going so far:
2019032622072400-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91.jpg 2019032622234100-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91.jpg 2019032617210800-EECC236F99339A8D24BA58C2CCB08D91.jpg

I'm looking to do Remako next. You can hit me up on Discord @ AnalogMan#6295 and you can also check in at the Qhimm Forum discord where all these mods and nod creators hang out: https://discord.gg/eZxMj3

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Have you also tried the Remako HD graphics mod? That's the only mod I care about.
Me too but how to get these mods working 100% with no glitches ect. Also what can we do to get fullscreen.

don't know, we can only wait dev to give us some hints

I love to see Advent Children Mod too (I dislike sd characters)

shiondelibra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is great. I've been working on the graphic mod packs. So far I have ChaOS working along with a custom version of Avalanche Arisen that was made just for Switch. Throw in some other things like newer avatars and opening screen and this is what I've got going so far:
View attachment 162143 View attachment 162144 View attachment 162145

I'm looking to do Remako next. You can hit me up on Discord @ AnalogMan#6295 and you can also check in at the Qhimm Forum discord where all these mods and nod creators hang out: https://discord.gg/eZxMj3

Good night,
How does mod and translation work at the same time? Translation(pt/br)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse