NULL

RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by cottonMOUSE, Mar 27, 2019.

1. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008

Well not only Vincent vanished.... He turned up in the north crater and you wont believe this but he was called Sephiroth in deafult make of that what you will but i have finished the game.

2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Which version were you using? Cottonmouse's?

I finally got to Vincent in my 1.4. I don't recall how you got him in vanilla, but this is how I got him now:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Apr 14, 2019
  3. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I would like to play FF7 but I can’t get over the fact how ridiculously bad this looks

F8B3AFD5-A813-4F97-903E-9E635D879399.

4. Rahkeesh

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I just ran completely through this sequence (where cloud tells the party in Kalm what happened right?) twice with fast forward / combat boost enabled. I did stop for several random battles along the way.

Is there a consistent place where the crash happens? Is it when transitioning between scenes, or might it be hitting a random battle? (Try turning battles off?) There should be the option to save after you open one of the reactor pods and the FMV with the monster coming out, do you even get that far?

Also what CFW are you running and any services you know of? Some may be taking up memory, you might try disabling them temporarily to see if it works.

5. chaxelos

chaxelos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    NEWBIE QUESTION,

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

newbie question. anyway mod that makes the game fullscreen?

6. Rahkeesh

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    So install one of our mods a few pages back then?

intro.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Ok, convinced. I will play it then :mthr:

8. tegzie

tegzie Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    Running the latest Atmosphere as of about 3 days ago? i think edison runs in the background by default so ill try uninstalling that and seeing if it helps.

it usually happens when sephiroth leaves the mansion after all the reading (minimal spoilers) and you go outside to the scene of you know what.

9. Rahkeesh

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Are you seeing an FMV sequence before it crashes?

Also what language is your system set to?

10. tegzie

tegzie Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    I don't see the FMV and my system is set to english.

11. Rahkeesh

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    On your SD card where the mod is installed, in atmosphere\titles\0100A5B00BDC6000\romfs\ff7\workingdir\data , is there a "movies" folder? Try moving or deleting it if so.

12. tegzie

tegzie Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    definitely no movies folder, ill try and do it with edizone disabled and see what happens. Does doing the short story option remove any chance of items or anything? cus i can also try that option.

13. Rahkeesh

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Yeah it will skip all of that. Although I'd like to figure out why you are crashing too.

You can also try this version, which is just pure New Threat 1.4 without any of the graphical mods, to see if it gets you through that part. Be sure to wipe out your ff7 folder to get the old mod data out before installing.

14. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    I am using this one

New Threat
    ChaOS
    Anxious Heart .ogg OST

Extract to atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles. This is for the English version. No idea how to change it for other languages, sorry.

https://mega.nz/#!dg0QAC4I!mu0ffBVT968d2Ga_nx8Qa5LkyB_o2WJqo8FgoxJu6kI

I really wanted the graphics mod... the full graphic mod with the full screen battle and the newly redone text boxes along with the change of ost. Also to be able ro skip certain stuff like NT that would be nice.
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Last edited by badman112, Apr 14, 2019
  15. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    That one has not fixed texture sizes and they're still too big for the game. I wish I could get everybody to delete their installed mods and just install this one instead, it would save us a lot of headache and troubleshooting: https://mega.nz/#!H081mQxC!cKlBa_Vwy_eTjc7y5R2IhqHAU-eY5Y73pbeMiO63iPk
    It has all those things you've listed, plus fixed source points and corrected texture resolutions for ChaOS.

badman112 and minomore like this.
  16. minomore

minomore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    This is the one I'm using the only thing I've done is changes the magic names ie bolt 1, bolt 2 to thunder and thundara and added a movie mod that makes the chibi models look like the chaos ones.

17. tegzie

tegzie Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    So i blasted through with no battles and 3X speed, also disabled edizone and saved half way through the story sequence and i got past it. Currently crossing the marsh with no crashes as of yet, so fingers crossed.

18. IsidoreH

IsidoreH Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    France
    Hi, :)

I'm a bit confused, how do you manage to apply mods ? Is there a way/tool to unpack the game folders from a .xci file ?

19. Angelus3K

Angelus3K Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    I’d do some research and have a look through this thread. You basically have to place mods in a certain folder depending on what CFW you use. Be warned though mods don’t work on SX OS 2.6.1

Brah have you got a link to the movie mods and how did you rename the spells?

20. minomore

minomore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    let me get home and ill upload my files for ya since the movies are already converted and ready for the switch, as for the renaming u can use a program called wallmarket and if u open the kernal.bin from the lang_us folder u can edit it... ill also upload mine for you aswell.

Angelus3K likes this.