Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
So we've got Chrono Trigger, FFII, FFIII, FFIV and FFV.

Now let's move over to FF6 as some screenshots have been posted by Square Enix Japan which hints towards smoother graphics and it shall be appearing on both mobile OSs as usual.

What is to be known is that FFVI advance did come for the GBA that had some extra aeons/gfs/eidoleons etc and some secret dungeons at the end of the game.

Considered to be the best game of its era and probably the best final fantasy to date, its definitely going to the charts when it gets out into the market this winter.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Only one more number away to fanaticism

SOURCE

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm happy it's not a 3D remake, but only an enhanced version.
(because if they made a 3D remake, it would be that version which would be used for all future console's re-release. I'm nostalgic and prefer the 2D and detailed graphics)

Edit:
If they ever decide to do a remake/fully redone graphics, I would prefer it done on a home console instead on phones or handled :(

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
At least it isn't remade into that RPG maker XP mess they did for some other android ports.
Terra :wub: :wub::wub:

it looks the same as those messes to me :/
But truth be told, once you're playing them you kinda forget about it. Also I can't deny that I like some of the spell animations in FFD and FFV

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(because if they made a 3D remake, it would be that version which would be used for all future console's re-release. I'm nostalgic and prefer the 2D and detailed graphics)

Edit:
If they ever decide to do a remake/fully redone graphics, I would prefer it done on a home console instead on phones or handled :(

I'm pretty sure the 2D version of FFIV is the canon version, since Square compiled it with its sequels for the PSP remake (Keep in mind this came out after the DS version). So even if VI was to get a 3D treatment, its 2D counterpart would most likely be used instead if this game ever has sequels in the future/is included in another compilation.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the 2D version of FFIV is the canon version, since Square compiled it with its sequels for the PSP remake (Keep in mind this came out after the DS version). So even if VI was to get a 3D treatment, its 2D counterpart would most likely be used instead if this game ever has sequels in the future/is included in another compilation.
There are at four different versions of "2D" Final Fantasy IV: the Super Famicom version, the Wonderswan version, the After Years, and the FFIV Complete, all of which use different styles and sizes of graphics.

The 2D versions are being used most likely because they can shit out a good amount with less investment with money and time. I really can't stand the RPG maker remakes Squareeeeenix's been hammering out--it was so bad that in After Years, some of the doors weren't even parts of the maps but instead floated above the tiles. Really shoddy work :(

Yet then Squareeenix turns around and does a very pretty 3D version of The After Years? Fuck-all is going on in their mind :/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Edit:

Exact opposite side of the spectrum here, I really enjoyed the 3D remakes on the DS and I honestly think that slapping a filter over old 2D graphics and calling that a "remake" is just the lazy man's way out. I'd love to see what they could do with those games using contemporary technology even though I myself love 2D as well.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why remaking FFV and FFVI to iOS when they could do it for 3DS.
If DS had FFIII and FFIV remakes, it would be natural to have these remakes for 3DS.

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Why remaking FFV and FFVI to iOS when they could do it for 3DS.
If DS had FFIII and FFIV remakes, it would be natural to have these remakes for 3DS.

suddenly they found out that it was cheaper to market and package their games for the mobile market over the 3ds (catridges, distribution etc).

Besides you've got tens of millions on the stores who can get the game much quicker than with the 3ds.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Not really a fan of the graphics, personally. It just seems too cartoon-y for me. About the only thing that I actually liked was the textbox border. I'm hoping though, that if they're breathing life back into FFVI, that eventually it'll make its way to other consoles, perhaps looking a bit better.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: