Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this game supposed to be an action-rpg, with gameplay comparable to Kingdom Hearts? Having one of the main installments use that gameplay would be quite a departure for the series.

So yeah, I'm pretty skeptical about this one. I'll wait for E3.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this game supposed to be an action-rpg, with gameplay comparable to Kingdom Hearts? Having one of the main installments use that gameplay would be quite a departure for the series.

Actually back in November, SE did hint that XV could be an ARPG. So its not impossible that they could switch genres.

But whether or not Versus XIII turned into XV or if its coming to Wii-U is unknown.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually back in November, SE did hint that XV could be an ARPG. So its not impossible that they could switch genres.

Well, it's possible, but seeing how volatile the fanbase can be (especially after the controversy FFXIII and its sequel stirred up), it probably wouldn't be wise unless they wanted a full on revolt.

If anything, I'd hazard a guess that the actual Final Fantasy XV will be a much more traditional and "safe" game. They'll want to win everyone back, not take huge risks.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The name change was a no-brainer, this game really has nothing to do with XIII so it should be a separate entity.
Not sure if I believe the Wii U though.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Haven't you guys watched any of the gameplay videos on Youtube? The game is an ARPG which is why everyone is so hyped about it. And not just that but cuz the KH and FF7 teams are the one developing it.

Well, it's possible, but seeing how volatile the fanbase can be (especially after the controversy FFXIII and its sequel stirred up), it probably wouldn't be wise unless they wanted a full on revolt.

If anything, I'd hazard a guess that the actual Final Fantasy XV will be a much more traditional and "safe" game. They'll want to win everyone back, not take huge risks.
Haven't you guys watched any of the gameplay videos on Youtube The game is an ARPG which is why everyone is so hyped about it And not just that but cuz the KH and FF7 teams are the one developing it

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://kotaku.com/5914989/square-enix-confirms-fake+seeming-final-fantasy-xv-trailer-is-indeed-fake

See its fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.