BDFF Hype~ :3
OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
ヴェルサスがキャンセルされたってデマ流してるやつがいるらしい。フフ..たった今ヴェルサス定例会議が終わったとこ。今日プレゼンされた街なんぞ見たら腰抜かすでぇ~w

Yeah i know it's all in Japanese, but basically what it says is that the rumor that went around was a hoax, and that there was just a presentation on the game today. Wada also mentions he's happy. Must be hanging around Reggie too much, but still. The game is not canceled and you can still look forward to it. Or not, I'm just a person posting this.

If someone can provide a more accurate translation, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Source

EDIT: SQUEXGAL translated it. "It seems someone is spreading a false rumor about Versus being canceled. Heh, just a few moments ago a regularity meeting for Versus ended. If you were to see the city etc. presented today, you'd wouldn't be able to stand from surprise, lol."

Source 1 Source 2 Source 3

Reactions: 4 people

Mirby

OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you read the other thread claiming the rumor was likely? People did. Some were happy, some were angry, others were indifferent.

It doesn't help that IGN sourced Kotaku's and conveniently replaced RUMOR with REPORT in the article title.

Also I've seen people in other communities believe it to be true too, so it's good to finally get some positive closure on this.

EDIT: Let's watch Brian Ashcraft, originator of the rumor, backpedal!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you read the other thread claiming the rumor was likely? People did. Some were happy, some were angry, others were indifferent.

It doesn't help that IGN sourced Kotaku's and conveniently replaced RUMOR with REPORT in the article title.

Also I've seen people in other communities believe it to be true too, so it's good to finally get some positive closure on this.
Yeah I just saw the thread...all I can do is laugh. I guess it is good that we got some sort of response. But seriously, people should be smart enough to know that Kotaku and IGN's journalism is a joke.

But hey, at least we know it has towns.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the game originally supposed to be released with XIII though? i know they stopped that awhile ago but still.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, shit like this is a good example for why I made the "how to find and report news" guide. Gaming sites USED to not spread rumors as if they were true, but it seems to be the popular thing to do to get views nowadays and it just misleads people.

Mirby

OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, shit like this is a good example for why I made the "how to find and report news" guide. Gaming sites USED to not spread rumors as if they were true, but it seems to be the popular thing to do to get views nowadays and it just misleads people.
Exactly. Note the Kotaku article I linked. It's by the guy who started the rumor, and it's obvious he's backpedaling and trying to regain some credibility.

Honestly it's folks like him and IGN that give a bad name to gaming journalism, which just so happens to be my chosen career path.

Also I stopped reading IGN's reviews and news after it came out that they were reviewing games before beating them. *shrugs*

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But how else would they get views?

Also I see almost anything that says "Report" in the title for IGN as "rumor" since it's basically all rumors. It'll be like "Report - Wii U as Powerful as an Average Toaster" and on every other site it'll say "Rumor" or "take this with a pinch of salt".

Mirby

OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe they decided to uncancel it instead. its been in dev for too long. its not like its AC3 u know.
That's not really how it works. Also it's only been in full production since last year; anything before that was bits and pieces and not the full focus.

Also there's this from last night.
yokobearsauce.PNG

帰国後、仕事もプライベートも忙しくて、なかなかtwitterもFacebookにも来られず、すみません。私の更新は旅行とかイベントの時だけかよ!って感じですが…(汗)

さて、頂いたすべてのメッセージは有り難く拝見しておりますが、なかなか返信の時間を取ることができず、現在、ほとんどの方には返信できていない状況です。申し訳ありません。いや、、、ホント、ごめんなさいです…;;

そして、ここ数日、ヴェルサスに関してメッセージを頂いておりますが、その件につきましては、仮に私が何らかの情報を知っていたとしても、私からお話することはありません。ヴェルサスに限らず、どんなプロジェクトででも、私が話して良いのは、「話して良い」と言われたことだけです。だから、私に尋ねないで下さいね(汗)。
ヴェルサスについては、本日のスクウェア・エニックス社の和田社長のtweetをご覧下さいませ。
As far as I can tell, it's her reaffirming that the rumor was just a hoax and it was still in development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.