All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got the Blue Mage ability "Learn", but I've been through dozens of battles and haven't learned a thing! I know I've set it as the active ability, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sora de Eclaune said:
raulpica said:
IIRC, you need to have the monster use that ability on your Blue Mage with Learn.
They've used tons of abilities on my Blue Mages with Learn. I should at least have ONE of those!
Funny, I've just checked, and it says it works like that.

Try to check this list, there are really few Blue Magics, and you might be trying to learn something which isn't one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588331-final-...asy-v/faqs/4508

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
raulpica said:
IIRC, you need to have the monster use that ability on your Blue Mage with Learn.
They've used tons of abilities on my Blue Mages with Learn. I should at least have ONE of those!
Funny, I've just checked, and it says it works like that.

Try to check this list, there are really few Blue Magics, and you might be trying to learn something which isn't one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588331-final-...asy-v/faqs/4508
Wait, but none of the enemies in the Ship Graveyard are on that list! I haven't been able to defeat the Siren because I don't have any blue magic, I can't turn back, and I'm already overleveled!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
You don't need blue magic to defeat siren.. right? :S I can't remember such a thing at least...
I don't, but I'm over the recommended level for beating the Siren. I HAVE beat it once, but I ran out of tents because I forgot the beds were still available for use and was at such a low HP with only one character remaining that it was impossible to get to a town.

Currently, all I've got is one potion and MAYBE one phoenix down, so it's a difficult task to make this work.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remember, when overleveling fails, there's only one thing to do: MORE OVERLEVELING.
(since I guess you're doing the FF5 4 Job Fiesta and you're stuck only with Blue Mages, right?)

tongue.gif

As for that, I do remember there's somewhere where you can sleep for free in the Ship Graveyard. Go there, sleep, then go out, grind a lot, go back in, rinse and repeat.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Remember, when overleveling fails, there's only one thing to do: MORE OVERLEVELING.
(since I guess you're doing the FF5 4 Job Fiesta and you're stuck only with Blue Mages, right?)

tongue.gif

As for that, I do remember there's somewhere where you can sleep for free in the Ship Graveyard. Go there, sleep, then go out, grind a lot, go back in, rinse and repeat.
That's what I've been doing since I remembered I could do that.

I'm not technically doing the FF5 4 Job Fiesta, though. I'm technically just making it harder for myself by following the progress of a friend's game in the Job Fiesta and only using what she's using, since I don't feel like making a twitter.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My advice, over-level to high hell.

To beat the Archeoaevis in its second life (pre-Earth Crystal boss), I had to level grind for four hours to level 30. Most people beat that fight between level 18 and 22 from what I've seen. I was in a rough situation though and just had to keep going until I had the HP needed to make it through the fight. Seems like you need to do the same.

Not having any healing items may slightly screw you though. Potions are so dirt cheap that keeping a stock of at least 20 to 30 of them, even at the beginning of the game, should have been easy. I didn't even have to money grind and had enough money to get 99 potions post gear buying in the town after the Siren fight.

Friendly advice regarding getting there by the way, go down south. Far south. The town will be in a little area surrounded by forest off to the west once you go far enough south. Run from everything until you get there. You end the Siren fight with only one person left with less than 100 HP? Hold L + R at the beginning of every fight.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
You end the Siren fight with only one person left with less than 100 HP? Hold L + R at the beginning of every fight.
Actually, the time I finished the Siren fight I had one person left with less than 15 HP. Trying to run didn't work.

What does L+R do, anyway?

Nathan Drake said:
Not having any healing items may slightly screw you though. Potions are so dirt cheap that keeping a stock of at least 20 to 30 of them, even at the beginning of the game, should have been easy. I didn't even have to money grind and had enough money to get 99 potions post gear buying in the town after the Siren fight.
I didn't have any money at the last town after I spent it on a weapon or two, so I was only able to get 3 potions, two of which I wasted just getting to the save point in the Ship Graveyard.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Jul 26 2011, 03:42 PM)
My advice, over-level to high hell.
That's what I was thinking I'd have to do. A friend of mine was suggesting I over-level from the beginning, since she had similar problems with some boss battle in one of the Final Fantasy games on the DS because she didn't level enough in the first place and had to start over because it was too frustrating to deal with.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
Nathan Drake said:
You end the Siren fight with only one person left with less than 100 HP? Hold L + R at the beginning of every fight.
Actually, the time I finished the Siren fight I had one person left with less than 15 HP. Trying to run didn't work.

That's how you run.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Nathan Drake said:

That's how you run.
Oh. Right. Sorry, my brain glitched there.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I didn't have any money at the last town after I spent it on a weapon or two, so I was only able to get 3 potions, two of which I wasted just getting to the save point in the Ship Graveyard.

lol broke the quote name.

You could have spent about 10 minutes gil grinding on the world map outside of town and you would have had enough gil to stock up on potions. The game really just throws gil at you.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE said:

You could have spent about 10 minutes gil grinding on the world map outside of town and you would have had enough gil to stock up on potions. The game really just throws gil at you.
I didn't know that. I thought it was like other FF games where you'd get like 5 gold a fight and have to spend an hour grinding just for enough money for the inn or something.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE said:

I didn't know that. I thought it was like other FF games where you'd get like 5 gold a fight and have to spend an hour grinding just for enough money for the inn or something.

Do you look at the gil amounts you get at the ends of fights? I mean, it would have been obvious from the get go that this game is one that tries to not force you to gil grind. Even on the rare occasion that it does, you won't be gil grinding for too long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U