Review Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion Review [PSP]

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I begin. I hardly ever give perfects. 9.5 is extremely impressive to me. If it's beyond that, I'd give it a 10. I love Smash Bros. Melee.. but I'd never give it a 10/10 'cause there are flaws about it. Basically, a game has to be PERFECT in my eyes in order for me to give a 10. Anyways, on with the review of FFT!

Graphics:

Back then since the PSX, it was considered good. What about now? I still find it the same nonetheless. The graphics doesn't bother me at all. What I like about the graphics is that it's not a "wannabe". It doesn't have the feeling of "trying to be 3D". It has animated sprites, and 3D background that goes amazingly well together. Not only that, but you get 4 rotations which allows more angles. And 2 more adjustments to the camera - zoom and 3/4 of a bird's view. This can pretty much allow the players to see without difficulty. The cut scenes look amazing with a unique vector style.

8/10

Sound:

Some of the music I really enjoy. Like the one on the cinematic. Other then that, it's quite repetitive. But, it's not annoying. Not much to say about it because it's not fully based on just sound. The background music definitely fits the atmosphere of this game.

7.5/10

Control:

In the beginning of the game, it may take a bit of time to adjust to the controls. Once you get the handle of it, there's no trick to it.

9/10

Gameplay:

I gotta say. I'm playing this version right this moment. I loved the PSX version so much that I don't mind if it's an identical copy of the first just for the PSP. It pretty much is.. but with a bit of new stuff like local wireless battles, 2 new jobs, cut scenes, etc. Did I mention how much I've always wanted to battle my cousin who loved this game as well? I totally love this game to death.

There's a lot going on in this game. It depends if you're patient. It's quite slow, but if you really know how to grind. You level up amazingly fast. There's more to it then just attack and level up. You can go for rare items. One thing I really need to put emphasis on is the ability to steal items. It is sooo satisfying after you're able to steal an item from an opponent. What's more satisfying is stealing by using another job other than the thief. There's a lot of customization going on. A mage can learn pretty much anything beside's his own skills. It also depends on how many jobs that one character has. The customization is really deep, but the sad thing is, not everything is useful. So minus all the useless customization, you still have a lot to do.

9.5/10

Story:

Damn. This story is deep. I don't want to spoil anything.. so I'll just mention that there's a lot of betrayal. There are friends that you have to lose, and gain. There are loved ones where you may have to kill. It involves powerless humans selling their body to have a creature live inside of them to gain power.

9.5/10

Replay Value:

I replayed this game.. 4 times on the PSX so far. And I'm technically replaying it again on the PSP. I never get bored of it. The moment I begin a new game, I get hooked on instantly because of the amount of customization.

9/10

Overall:

I highly recommend it. There's no other words to put it.

9/10

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol way to write a review like a year late.
grog.gif
Anyways, I never cared for this game (or original FFT) Idk why, just didn't like it :wtf: BUT FFTA and A2 are 2 of my favorite games of all time.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review, though I can't say I agree with you - it just felt like an effortless port with a few needless features thrown in to convince people that it'd be worth the Square Tax (Normal cost of a game + $10-$20 because Square is lame like that). The resolution wasn't even upped - that's just lazy.

I loved Final Fantasy Tactics, and I enjoyed War of the Lions, but I'm not gonna call it anything but one of the worse ports on the system.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No screenshots.
tongue.gif
Too lazy to search'em up.

And yeah, quite late for a review. But, I only reviewed it cause I started to play it again. Damn, I'm so hooked again. The only BIG downfall for this port is that it slows down everytime an action is being processed. I really hate that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)