Final Fantasy Tactics Advance sequel for ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by acantha, Dec 17, 2006.

Dec 17, 2006
  1. acantha
    OP

Newcomer acantha Newbie

2. Shiin

Newcomer Shiin Member

United States
    Wvoot, i thought that the psp was going to get the sequel, poor them, getting a port.

3. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    "According to Jeux France, it's probably going to be on the DS."

Key word being probably, but yeah most people expect it will be.

4. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Well it has been confirmed during Jump Festa event that this is indeed coming to DS. plz check neogaf forums for more info

5. Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer Adventures_of_Lo Advanced Member

Finland
    Anti-woot!

PSP is getting the better half of this deal. It's getting a port of an amazingly great game, where as the DS gets a sequell to the gba tactics game. You know, the game with no story-line, no challenge, (almost) no character deaths (some might consider this a good thing, I don't.) My biggest problem with the GBA game was, though, that it's just boring. I really hope that the next FFT advance has nothing in common with the first one.

I've been hoping a FFT port since GBA was published and now PSP gets it :'(

6. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    There are already enough complicated tactics games out there. FFTA was just deep enough for me. I'm glad they are bringing a new game to DS instead of a game I played more than ten years ago.

It was good, yes, but Advance was, in my opinion, much better suited for handhelds. PSP is going to get another "handheld game you play at home", which is what cripples it the most in its library (along with the ports).

7. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I loved Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance, was a great game. I love the job system the most out of all battle systems for Final Fantasy's, which is why I love the older ones such as Final Fantsy III [​IMG].

Not only that, but I'm glad all these Final Fantasy's are coming to the Nintendo DS. It's a really great handheld system, with a ton of great games. I know I'm not going to get a PS3 so as long as Square-Enix keeps releasing Final Fantasy titles for the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo Wii I'll be pleased [​IMG].