Final fantasy tactics advance-HELP!!!!!!!&

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by damiussus, May 27, 2008.

1. damiussus
    OP

damiussus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2005
    United States
    Ok, so I used to play this game all the time on my Ez-Flash II

Never had any problems.

Today I put it on my card again to prepare for a trip this weekend and I can't get it to save games. I remember having to do something last time to make it hold saves. But I cannot for the life of me remember what that was. CAn someone please help me?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

2. wiki

wiki GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2006
    sram patching?

3. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    The battery may need to be replaced, the battery inside a 3in1 is finite and last only 1-3 years depending on how much you use it. So if the battery is dead, it won;t hold the saves anymore because the save ram requires an active current from a battery to be maintained.

Though it could be another problem as well if your 3in1 is fairly new, I wish you the best of luck.

4. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Back when FF:TA came out you had to apply an IPS patch which can be obtained from here: http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch (pick whichever one matches your game's region)
    using a program like GBATA (see GBATemp download section).

I think there's an alternative, more recent way you can do the same thing now, but I don't know anything about that. Maybe the SRAM patching mentioned earlier?

5. damiussus
    OP

Jun 30, 2005
    United States
    thanks everyone, I think I got it now [​IMG]

6. damiussus
    OP

Jun 30, 2005
    United States
    One more thing, is it a bad thing that when I applied the patch it made the game take up about a third less space on my cart?

7. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    It just probably trimmed the rom of the excess and useless padding, thats all.