Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - freeze issues

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by blizeH, Nov 26, 2006.

Nov 26, 2006
  1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    As per the topic really, every so often at random intervals (maybe once per hour on average?) my G6 seems to be completely freezing up when playing this game, it just stops completely dead, but then when I bring up the quick save menu and go back to the game all of the character's positions etc go very funny but it's still completely frozen up.

Not sure if it's game specific (I've applied an IPS patch, although this didn't effect my M3) or whatever it's a problem generally with my G6 because I've not had a proper chance to try out any games for lengthy periods yet.

It's crashed maybe three or four times now, do you think I should be concerned or will it be game specific? It's an English G6 btw and I've looked after it well.

2. kingeightsix

Member kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  3. AWESOME_noob

Member AWESOME_noob GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i have got an m3 sd flash cart ANd a G6 flash cart...and in all honesty through my personal experience i find i have More PROBLEMS with the G6 than the M3...such as slowdowns in graphic intensive games e.g Metroid, Starfox, Mech Assault..etc but ALL work flawlessly on the M3 (added bonus on m3 with removable media and homebrew support). Also i found random games (including gba games) tend to 'lock up' every now and again on the G6..but NO such thing on the M3.

Personal advice ditch the G6 and get an M3 [​IMG]

4. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This is the first I've heard of slowdowns on the G6, anyone else noticed that?

Which micro SD card do you use in M3?

5. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've never seen any gba slowdown on any of the G6 units me or my friends have owned.

6. AWESOME_noob

Member AWESOME_noob GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ive got 1gb sandisk card... I originally bought the M3 for the Phat DS but was too big for the NDSlite so i ended up getting the G6 hoping it would be the same BUT i DO notice stutter and slowdown occasionally in game play with the games mentioned above (TBH it could just be mine..) but i went and bould the M3Lite which i have to say was worth every penny cos i have not experienced ANY slowdown OR stutter, plus you get homebrew support (why would any1 want a G6 now? it only has the touch GUI going for it...)

7. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I guess another benefit of G6 would be the battery life.

Anyone else can comment on G6 Lite's speed with graphics heavy games, like say FF3 or Tales of the Tempest?

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Both work perfectly [​IMG]