Final fantasy IV small amounts of dmg

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zelazzin, May 27, 2014.

1. zelazzin
    OP

zelazzin Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Hi! I'm playing through ff4 and it goes quite well, I have gotten to where you get the prince as a party member (it is not far, I know, I just started) but sometimes i the game, Cecil only deals 1 dmg to enemies such as Yellow Jelly and Zombies. Why is this? Is it suppose to be like that? Because it is getting really boring fighting 4 Yellow Jellies and only deal 1 dmg at a time.

2. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    That's how the game is designed. Strong against physical weapons. Magic works on them.

3. zelazzin
    OP

zelazzin Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Oh okay! Thanks!

4. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Each jelly is weak to the element of the same color
    Yellow = Thunder
    Blue = Ice
    Red = Fire etc...
    IIRC Zombies are weak to fire (it's been quite a while since I played the game, so I might be wrong).

5. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Zombies are weak to Fire and Cure. I don't think they are weak to Life/Raise in that game though.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    thats exactly normal. the reason you sometimes dont deal adequate damage is enemies having high physical resistance, forcing you to use magic, or your weapon might have an element that the enemie is strong against.

i've never started the psp version of ff4, does cecil have the darkness move in that one? it sacrifices some hp an deals damage that ignores defense.

7. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I believe it does I seem to remember spamming the hell out of that when I played FFIV on the psp

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i still love how they removed it from half the us/eu releases because they thought it would make the game harder for americans/young players