Final Fantasy III

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jmilow, Apr 7, 2007.

Apr 7, 2007

Final Fantasy III by jmilow at 6:32 AM (1,469 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. jmilow
    OP

Newcomer jmilow Member

Canada
    I am at the stage where I have to shrink all my team members in order to reach the gnome town. I am using cracker's trainer so all my characters have MP max out. However, I am having problem shrinking them. All my characters are white mage and I have tried casting the spell by everyone of them and it still doesn't work.

After selecting the Mini spell and click on "all party members", there are icons of what seem like a man's head appear underneath the names of all the characters. If I press "B" and select the Mini spell again, the icons disappear. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some pointers in this. Thanks.

2. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    yeah, i remember being stuck there, took me a while to figure it out.. cant remember how I did it sorry [​IMG]

needless to say, its a stupid system

3. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    after you cast it once and you see the icon head twords the south - south west area(world) and walk around you should find it. if you cast it again you will unshrik and never find the entrance.

4. jmilow
    OP

Newcomer jmilow Member

Canada
    Thanks, but even if I only cast the spell once, I don't notice my character becomes smaller. Is it suppose to be like this?

5. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yep its suppose too, there are caves etc... where you use the mouse holes to move around lol.

6. jmilow
    OP

Newcomer jmilow Member

Canada
    Is there any way to verify that I have successfully shrunk my characters? I have walked all over the forest and still can't find Tozus. [​IMG]

7. Fieryshadowz

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thers a lil mushroom? next to all the characters when you cast it on them..

8. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    go to the status screen and next to there pic should be a status icon of what there currently under the effect of

9. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to notice that your characters have shrunk (They appear normal size if you enter those tiny places like the mushroom town). Anyway, if you're using cracker's trainers, try with a clean rom of FF3 and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, I have no idea then.

10. jmilow
    OP

Newcomer jmilow Member

Canada
    Thank you for all your help. I was using Cracker's trainer and "all status normal" was on. That's why I wasn't able to shrink down my characters.

11. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    its lame to use a cheat in such a good game.
    im several hours into it WITHOUT cheats and hearting it

12. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I just started playing after school went out. It is longer than I expected! The mini spell is reversible, so do it once.. you'll get the symbol in the player stats (4 of the same symbol if you do all players). I definitely love this game.

13. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yah in all honesty this is an amazing GOOD FF game as long as you're not a jaded baby too stuck up to handle a 'classic' style traditional RPG in every sense of it. The game up until quite around the last 15% of it is not insanely hard so the use of trainers just robs the experience and shortens the game heaps. Try playing it patched but 'fair' and if you need it when it gets nasty, by all means. The end of the game which I never got around to has you taking out 4 so-called 'optional' bosses and then the last guy... not so optional when they weaken the bigboy enough to make the fight managable.

14. lunarlawrence

Newcomer lunarlawrence Member

United States
    The only thing is that the graphics are kinda sloppyish

15. magicuser

Newcomer magicuser Member

United States
    the reson is because crackers trinier incudes an .ips file that is "statuts always normal" patch the .nds angin with the file "unstatsalwaysnormal.ips" that should fix the probleam( i had the same thing this morning lol)