Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello fellow gbatemp members!

How to kill this boss, i should do hmmm?*yoda*

well its like first time i meet it it kills me with a 9999 on all char spell. figured that was ment to be, chars got ressurected, walked a bit through a cave, met him again, then the same thing happend, and its like game over! like the lightning in dr jackyl and mr hyde!

the chars i'm using is a:
Monk
Warrior
the lvl2 whitemage(dun remember the classname)
the lvl2 summoner(dun remember the classname)

so should you attack the tentacles first or just go for plain attack on the main boss?

some tactics would be nice, and what lvl you should have, what player classes, etc.

Thanks in advance dudes.

WongD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will need to attack the last boss with magic.

I had a White Mage (level 86), 2 Geomancers (one at level 99 and the other at level 70 +), and a Summoner (level 70 +).

e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh well i used the behemoth summon and then he just attacked me with the 9999 attack, so i should only attack him, not the tentacles?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the World of Darkness (the cave you're in), you should find and defeat the 4 different Warriors of the Dark before attempting to beat the final boss. Each time you defeat one of them, the final boss is weakened. Plus, you get your HP and MP restored when you beat each one of them. It's also really helpful to get the Ribbons (prevents status changes), but you have to fight a Xande Clone to get them.

If you don't beat the other 4 Warriors of the Dark, the final boss will likely do 9999 damage to you every time with the party you're using.

I like to go with 2 attackers and 2 magic users. My party for the World of Darkness was a Ninja (throwing Shurikens does massive damage), Onion Knight (substitute Dragoon, Dark Knight, or Black Belt), Summoner, and Devout (Arise is priceless).

e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the World of Darkness (the cave you're in), you should find and defeat the 4 different Warriors of the Dark before attempting to beat the final boss. Each time you defeat one of them, the final boss is weakened. Plus, you get your HP and MP restored when you beat each one of them. It's also really helpful to get the Ribbons (prevents status changes), but you have to fight a Xande Clone to get them.Â

If you don't beat the other 4 Warriors of the Dark, the final boss will likely do 9999 damage to you every time with the party you're using.Â

I like to go with 2 attackers and 2 magic users. My party for the World of Darkness was a Ninja (throwing Shurikens does massive damage), Onion Knight (substitute Dragoon, Dark Knight, or Black Belt), Summoner, and Devout (Arise is priceless).
why not knight? i do 9999 dmg with him, though with 2 weapons. is there anyone who can do that dmg with only 1 weapon?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9999 damage? interesting....I haven't seen the final boss do more than 20 damage off any of my party members. But then again I've always defeated the 4 side bosses in world of darkness. Maybe I should try not doing any of those and see how much damage the final boss can deal on my party.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the World of Darkness (the cave you're in), you should find and defeat the 4 different Warriors of the Dark before attempting to beat the final boss. Each time you defeat one of them, the final boss is weakened. Plus, you get your HP and MP restored when you beat each one of them. It's also really helpful to get the Ribbons (prevents status changes), but you have to fight a Xande Clone to get them.Â

If you don't beat the other 4 Warriors of the Dark, the final boss will likely do 9999 damage to you every time with the party you're using.Â

I like to go with 2 attackers and 2 magic users. My party for the World of Darkness was a Ninja (throwing Shurikens does massive damage), Onion Knight (substitute Dragoon, Dark Knight, or Black Belt), Summoner, and Devout (Arise is priceless).

why not knight? i do 9999 dmg with him, though with 2 weapons. is there anyone who can do that dmg with only 1 weapon?

There's nothing wrong with having a Knight in your final party. I was just stating my personal party preference. The Knight is actually very effective when using advanced weapons like Excalibur, Ragnarok, or Ultima and wearing crystal gear. You can also put a good shield (like Aegis) in one hand and use "Defend" to keep your weaker members alive. I personally just found the Knight's special abilities to be not nearly as useful as other fighters' (like Jump or Soul Eater).

As to the question of 9999 damage with only 1 weapon equipped, there are plenty of jobs/weapons that can do it, it's just a question of character and job level. For my money, having a decent level Ninja throwing Shurikens is the best physical attack going (can do much higher damage than 9999), and you can still have a Genji shield in one hand.

Really though, use whatever party you want. Most party combos can be used effectively if you balance strengths and weaknesses. Just beat the 4 Warriors of the Dark and get some Ribbons before you fight the final boss, and it'll be much easier.

e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

There's nothing wrong with having a Knight in your final party. I was just stating my personal party preference. The Knight is actually very effective when using advanced weapons like Excalibur, Ragnarok, or Ultima and wearing crystal gear. You can also put a good shield (like Aegis) in one hand and use "Defend" to keep your weaker members alive. I personally just found the Knight's special abilities to be not nearly as useful as other fighters' (like Jump or Soul Eater).

As to the question of 9999 damage with only 1 weapon equipped, there are plenty of jobs/weapons that can do it, it's just a question of character and job level. For my money, having a decent level Ninja throwing Shurikens is the best physical attack going (can do much higher damage than 9999), and you can still have a Genji shield in one hand.

Really though, use whatever party you want. Most party combos can be used effectively if you balance strengths and weaknesses. Just beat the 4 Warriors of the Dark and get some Ribbons before you fight the final boss, and it'll be much easier.
sounds great, but how does it do more than 9999 dmg? does it attack in several turns or what?
thanks for everything guys

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it says 9999 but the true damage is greater. You'll notice this when you do 9999 damage to certain monsters and they die in 1 hit sometimes versus 2-3.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds great, but how does it do more than 9999 dmg? does it attack in several turns or what?
thanks for everything guys

It only shows 9999 damage on the screen, but it is actually doing more damage to the enemy. Most enemies don't have enough HP to notice it, but you can tell when fighting bosses, dragons, etc. It's pretty easy (but totally unnecessary) to calculate by fighting dragons in the ??? cave and only attacking with one character.

Edit: I turned my head for one second and tama_mog beat me to it. Must have been all that talk about ninjas and shurikens.
ph34r.gif

jmilow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After defeating Xande, the last boss immediately appears. I can't seem to find the four other bosses that I am suppose to beat before dueling the last boss. Please let me know what am I missing.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After defeating Xande, the last boss immediately appears. I can't seem to find the four other bosses that I am suppose to beat before dueling the last boss. Please let me know what am I missing.

There is no way to win that fight. After Cloud beats you the first time, go into the World of Darkness (the vortex), and you'll find the 4 bosses discussed above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)