Gaming Final Fantasy III: Monks

Earl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is probably not worh its own topic but i figured that since this forum doesnt have extreme amounts of traffic it will be Ok, i was basically just wondering what to do with my monk in final fantasy III, Im around level 22 now, just gotten out of the sewers in the place where some dude has chained your ship down, and when i equip the 2 best weapons i have (Cat claws and uhm, cant remember the name of the other one, Something with knuckles?) i have like 92 attack, but when i unequp them both i have 128. Is being unarmed really that much better, or is there something i am missing? (Tried fighting unarmed and armed, and damage didnt seem that much different atleast)

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In FFIII DS, monks have a hidden bare-handed damage multiplier, so it's almost always better to leave their hands unequipped.

Earl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, i'll just leave him barehanded for now atleast, is it worth changing him into a black belt or w/e (wheni get that) if he already is the one dealing most damage in my group?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it will be worth switching over to a Black Belt. Black Belts get the highest HP bonus gains when you level up.

And by the end of the game, you'll do a lot more damage with a high job level black belt (bare handed) than you will with a Monk. And iirc, the job mastery item for the Black Belt is a lot better than the mastery item for the Monk.

Try all the jobs out and see what you like before you gain massive job levels. There's a pretty short penalty phase for switching jobs, so take them for a test drive.

Earl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Szyslak said:
Yeah it will be worth switching over to a Black Belt. Black Belts get the highest HP bonus gains when you level up.

And by the end of the game, you'll do a lot more damage with a high job level black belt (bare handed) than you will with a Monk. And iirc, the job mastery item for the Black Belt is a lot better than the mastery item for the Monk.

Try all the jobs out and see what you like before you gain massive job levels. There's a pretty short penalty phase for switching jobs, so take them for a test drive.

Well,i just got to the part where i got a black belt, and i guess i could change, but i mean my monk has a job level of 95 now so aa :XX buthen again, that means he will soon reach his cap and wont be getting much stronger, right? but then again isnt the game "soon" done? obviously a black belt is probably a bit stronger whenim level 99/99, but i dont plan on reaching that far anyway, just finishing the last boss, then moving on to a new game =P And i still feel like my monk does more /the same damage with 2 weapons than barehanded, even though that is like 30-40 attack lower than what he has barehanded = (

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what's so funny? I only beaten that game once, I can't beat Cloud of Darkness with a different set of classes =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true