Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final-Fantasy-III-PSP.jpg
With little brother PsVita being on the scene you would have thought the original PSP would be enjoying its days in retirement but Square-Enix is keen to pump some more life into it with another Final Fantasy port, this time of the Nintendo DS remake which was released back in 2006. This version was also ported to IOS with improved graphics and full touchscreen controls, details also suggest that the soundtrack can be switched from the newer arrangement to the original Famicom soundtrack. The game is set to launch in Japan on September 20 at both retail and on SEN​

seems a strange time to be putting it on the psp but im sure some will get a kick out of it, i guess it could come out digitally for the rest of the world

source-http://www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconsole/rknewz.pl?function=detail&id=RKLS00000010039&cat=PSP

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Small life signs?
If the PSP has small life signs, then the Vita is flatlining.

Last week's sales:
PSP: 10,547
PSV: 7,551

PSP games are all over the top 50, too. Vita... nowhere to be found

Edit: Okay what the hell, this is just a port of the DS version from, like, 2004.

Reactions: 2 people

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leave it to the psp to get ports of DS games from 2004 but cant blame them after the psp sells more that the Vita for what i seen the charts so they are still trying to cash on it so well good for them

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't see the point in it. FFIII DS came out in 2006, so why port a six year old DS game over to the PSP? And why port over FFIII DS, yet give the FFIV Complete Collection horribly ugly RPG Maker sprites instead porting FFIV DS? Bah... This is really all kinds of stupid, yet it'll sell relatively well for a full retail release.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see the point in it. FFIII DS came out in 2006, so why port a six year old DS game over to the PSP? And why port over FFIII DS, yet give the FFIV Complete Collection horribly ugly RPG Maker sprites instead porting FFIV DS? Bah... This is really all kinds of stupid, yet it'll sell relatively well for a full retail release.

FFIV DS looked like absolute garbage. It's hard to have a darker toned, serious story when you have kawaii~ models talking about dark, complex stuff. FFIV CC just used updated sprites that looked better than the original SNES or GBA versions and also included more content. It was more authentic than the crappy DS version.

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FFIV DS looked like absolute garbage.

sorry but no the ds version was really good so i have no idea what game you play because it was no the ds version

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

FFIV DS looked like absolute garbage.

sorry but no the ds version was really good so i have no idea what game you play because it was no the ds version

FFIVDS-Tellah.png

KAWAII CAN BE SERIOUS!

Reactions: 2 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to keep telling myself that they'll hit 5 and 6 eventually...
Im playing 3 on my iphone right now (best use of touch controls ive seen implemented for a while) and im wishing SE would do the exact same for 4. I mean you ported 3 from the DS just move 4 over as well. And make 5 and 6 while your at it :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended