Gaming Final Fantasy III Graphics Rival Final Fantasy 7?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'll tell you why Final Fantasy 3 looks worse than Final Fantasy 7.
First things first, compared to ff7, ff3 has these following things:
* character movements stale as a logs
* characters dont move close to the enemy when they attack
* the heroes look pushy gushy girly child friendly (not that it bothers me) compared to the cool and diffrent proportioned ones of ff7

other things which bother:
* spell effects looks like they were taken from ff7.. damn that frost looks SO lame...

Other than that:
I'm freaking drewling over this game, I still haven't finished FF4 but I'm not far from... Then I have FF5 which I've never played before to finish...
I wonder which'll be released in europe first, FF3 or FF5!
smile.gif

favourite ff of all time: ff6 on the snes
wink.gif
(gonna buy it for the gba)

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care what anyone says, its so hard to compare FF7 to any game, that game play and storyline made that game. FF3 (usa) on snes was a pretty great game, but its just going to be a port to GBA.

This FF3ds looks awesome, who cares about the graphics. Its a RPG for the DS in English.
I cannot wait for this game, the trailers are awesome, the screenshots look great.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In terms of graphics, this Final Fantasy III remix beats VII in the head with a 2x4. There's no contest, especially since this game is all 3D, instead of 2D backgrounds with 3D models on top, with some small-plain full 3D battle modes. Not to mention the chibi field/out-of-battle models have more detail than Final Fantasy VII's did. The art design is all around much more inspired, even though it's basicly Final Fantasy IX's style.

I would even say this game is compariable to Final Fantasy IX if you factor in that due to the DS's smaller resolution screen, it wouldn't matter if the DS had more detailed models and textures, because there aren't enough pixels to show anything more off.

As an aside, I know people have been saying this game looks too cutesy and chibi, but just look at every Final Fantasy game before VIII. People have been complaining and I'm not sure why since that's how they've done it throughout the series. They all had chibi styled main characters, and NPCs on the field and out of battle, but very sinister and detailed monster graphics to contrast in battle. In Final Fantasy VII they were more detailed and less super deformed in-battle, but outside of battle they were pretty chibi. This game is no different than the original Final Fantasy III was in terms of that...

Edit: \/\/\/\/ I am well aware, I was just using pictures from games throughout the series. I took them out because they were big and irrelevant to the topic at hand.. but it was to compliment my last portion of this message which was somewhat offtopic I guess... \/\/\/

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That second screenshot is from ff3 snes from the usa. The DS FF3 and That screenshot are 2 different games.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is because the USA FF3 of the SNES era is Final Fantasy 6 renamed for 'Nintendo' continuity so us fools would not notice that FF2 and 3 never hit the country until recently and soon (ff2 on gba and ff3 ds.) That's why they look different as they are.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have to agree with some of you, this game looks like FF9 a bit, but only in the characters art style... I know alot of people are gonna think i'm crazy for saying this but as a whole this game's graphics reminds me more of Vagrant Story, or even FFT then any other final fantasy games.. Speaking of FFT, why don'T they make one on the DS without some "Neverending Story" rip-off. They went from a dark, violent war story to a child's dream in a book(with FFT:A)... blah

I don't remember who it was but someone complained about the characters not being animated and not acctualy making contact with the monsters while attacking... well that'S how every final fantasy were before FF7, it's REALLY an old school FF with 3d graphics that's all. I know everyone who likes rpgs or Final Fantasy are gonna love this one, no matter the graphics or animations, just wait and play
smile.gif

L

lastdual

I can definitely see the similarities with FFT, and that's a good thing imo. With the smaller screen size of the DS, I'm glad they went with full 3D rather than pre-rendered backgrounds, and it also seems to adapt well as far as staying true to the original FF3. However, I can't help but wish that Square had gone ahead and finished the version they had planned for the GBA (and previously the WSC) as well. It would have been nice to have the full 1-6 on a single system...

PURPLEMUSTANG

Trophies
XP
Country
After watching advent children I have been reconvinced of one thing:FF7 is the greatest ff ever followed by FF6
The visiuals of FFIII are better the FF7 which is a good thing as since the gba got ff 4-5-6 it is only a matter of time untill square enix ports FF7 to the DS and we might even get better graphics ,not that there was anything wrong with the original.

Note:just dying to hear the symphony when battling sepiroth on my ds lite.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
it is only a matter of time untill square enix ports FF7 to the DS and we might even get better graphics ,not that there was anything wrong with the original.

Note:just dying to hear the symphony when battling sepiroth on my ds lite.

hmmm, i don't think this will happen unfortunately. If anything of a FF7 remake is to come, i'd put my money on a ps3 version a la advent children. And if it was to come to portables i think it'd go to the psp. I'd love it for the DS but i can't see why square would do such a thing, even if there was a rumor flying around a few years ago about a port to gba
blink.gif
. I know people will hate me forever now but i'd rather not see a remake of FF7 at all, that game is the best thing that ever happened to the psx and it's the sole reason i still take it out sometimes... (well, FFT too
smile.gif
). The next original square game to ds i wanna hear about is either Final Fantasy Tactics (following the lion war) or a revamped version of Bahamut Lagoon.

Until then, we can be very VERY happy we're getting FF3. I love a final fantasy with a good class system!

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
FFVII was the best of the whole final fantsy series

FF4 on the GBA was quite disappointing,

FF3 must be great as has the graphic quality as FF7(wish it aint a dissapointment). The trailer makes me wanna pre order it
tongue.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playing the FF3 demo at e3, i came away unimpressed. the framerate is really bad, and the load times are very long ( which is ridiculous since it's a cart ).

luckily, these are things that can easily be fixed with more dev time. let's all hope!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
playing the FF3 demo at e3, i came away unimpressed. the framerate is really bad, and the load times are very long ( which is ridiculous since it's a cart ).

luckily, these are things that can easily be fixed with more dev time. let's all hope!

I wouldn't be so sure, remember the FF4 GBA port? I have a feeling the FF6 GBA port and the FF3 DS port are going to be done in the same half-assed way.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA I'm truly enjoying this thread now how the FF7 fanboys have been attempting to jack the thread into a little worship temple to the so-called best in the series. I'm always broken between laughter and annoyance as it always happens. You get the (then) gaming newbie who got sucked in with Sony and learned to think that is how the series was meant to be in how the story, fmv, alignment, 3d and the rest made its mark and they usually always will crap all over anything before it and sometimes after as well. FF7 is the most overrated title of the lot and should go up for a lifetime achievement award in the 'broken record worship' category. Mind you I had FF7, but I also had played 5 of the 6 titles prior to it beforehand so my judgement I find it a lot clearer.
smile.gif
FF7 is fine, and we can talk how bad 8 and 10 really are if you want to take that path too.
wink.gif

steeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HAHAHA I'm truly enjoying this thread now how the FF7 fanboys have been attempting to jack the thread into a little worship temple to the so-called best in the series. I'm always broken between laughter and annoyance as it always happens. You get the (then) gaming newbie who got sucked in with Sony and learned to think that is how the series was meant to be in how the story, fmv, alignment, 3d and the rest made its mark and they usually always will crap all over anything before it and sometimes after as well. FF7 is the most overrated title of the lot and should go up for a lifetime achievement award in the 'broken record worship' category. Mind you I had FF7, but I also had played 5 of the 6 titles prior to it beforehand so my judgement I find it a lot clearer.
smile.gif
 FF7 is fine, and we can talk how bad 8 and 10 really are if you want to take that path too.
wink.gif

Are they the same fanboys who worship MGS? The PS1 version was class, but MGS2 on the PS2 was shit. Like FFX it relied too much on FMV.

I sold my PS2 because of FFX.

FF6(3) now there is a great FF game.

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The FF4 "port" to the GBA was a port of a WSC game that had the exact same problems.(Along with 8-bit sound and an ugly affect for when you were flying your ship...)
The load times in FFIII were due to the fact that it was set up to run through a cord, if I recall, too.

In short, FFIV is the only one that's going to be "half assed" because it's a port of a WSC port of a SFC game.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I think ff4 is pretty okay to me
smile.gif
tho it's some kind of delay when i try to heal or attack or choose units or whatever
smile.gif

I'll call it lag
tongue.gif

Still haven't finished ff4, i've got the last boss to finish then I'm home free... yatta

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steeli yes that's a great comparison with another popular series that went wrong.

Personally I don't think FF4 on the GBA was halfassed at all considering all the fixes and upgrades from the original SNES version. Yes it's annoying it's skippy when in the airship, but that aside I really don't have issue with it at all. The sound seems fine enough off 2 styles of GBA and the DS to me though maybe over the GB Player/GCN link is blows...I dunno. As far as the 'lag' it really never caused me a problem at all as I recall the SNES one doing similar pauses with that early ATB system snagging for moments when yours or the monsters queue to DO something came up (just a bit less obvious.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ykno I really liked this game even though it wasnt that great. It was just a really special game for it's time in the ds timeline. It hasnt aged well and ff4 has demolished any replay value but it was a pretty cool world despite lacking a quality story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...