Gaming Final Fantasy III Graphics Rival Final Fantasy 7?

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude....who has watched the FFIII Trailer? I have had it on my comp for a few days but the fact that squares been going downhill for a while ..... well it made me not care too much....but OMG does FFIII's Trailer look amazing and the graphics are f'in sweet. Hopefully there is something in the game called a challenge....something the other ports REALLY lacked. But yea......game looks sooooo sweet.....I filled the cup......

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To save some looking here it is:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2761

Despite the fact there is little of merit until around 1:30 in to the trailer I can not say I am not excited at the prospect. If I was a bit less busy (read lazy) I would throw up some pictures as well.
I can well agree with the challenge part though: RPGs are not supposed to be easy.

Hopefully we shall all find out in September (probably earlier given where we are).

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The video kinda shows only the bottom screen which kind of worries me. Will the top screen even be of any use?

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, it will not be in use. Square hates the top screen.

Edit: CruddyBuddy, you'd do well to look at the address for HugeCock's sig and avatar.
tongue.gif

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Huge, do you really like large chickens or is it some sort of joke? I don't get it.
Dear Mods I will answer this and get it out of the way,
It all started in Zelda - a LTTP where I found out that you can beat beat the cocks.....you know if you smack em around then a flock will attack you....so yes I found this funny....maybe cause I am originally from the Philippenes where we often have our cocks battle it out for money. There you like to have a nice big cock who is mighter and bigger than the competition....my cock Pedro was unbeatable until my girlfriend asked me to retire my cock and which point it was served for dinner. So yes I liked to beat the cock...or as you say in your country...chicken in my game of Zelda : ALTTP and of course the great OoT. But recently I have just a group called PETA and learned my ways were wrong and thus spend many hours in Harvest Moon for the Gamecube raising my Cock Farm where I wake up and make sure to feed and love my cocks twice a day. Plus Chicken Boo kicks ass, and KFC kicks ass.....except when you get diahreah.....let's close the chapter on my name as it's just a name I like and I think the sig is clever.

On topic,
I never played a full game of FF after 8....booted X and thought it sucked and 9's characters were just too cute.....I guess similar to III but I was not expecting the game to look so good. Never thought a DS game could look like that. Sureley its the best graphical on the DS to date, not to mention the pics and vids usually look worse that the real thing....so if that's true I can't wait to get my hands on this. And thank the stars its turn based. This is my most anticipated game to date and if I didn't have a pile of DSes already I would have bought one just for FFIII. Again my concern is that a lot of games are lacking challenge on the DS and hopefully Square and Nintendo realize this and up the bar. Jesus I am playing New Mario and have 93 freaking guys.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters this is NOT A PORT but really a remix if anything. The old game was NES and flat 2D based obviously. This one has the same basic story and territories but all redone in 3D. Furthermore the game has had the story somewhat rewritten as to add in personalities and relationships between the key characters of the story.

Visually speaking you are correct it runs on 1 screen, but just MOST of the time. When you're in combat they decided to go with 1 screen (the bottom one) for all the visuals. The team said that they wished to push as much as they could in visuals and audio to bring it up to a really high level of standards so they wanted to tap both processors to do so. As it is being used on the bottom screen the menus, walking around, opening stuff, and the rest can be optionally done with the stylus if you don't want to use the dpad+buttons to select attacks, manage items, etc.

I got this from the latest NP where they interviewed the team and then rewrote it into a good 4 page article talking about various things with the game. Of note many of the primary original creators of Final Fantasy from that era are working on the project including the main designer of FF3 famicom as well to ensure it turns out right. I have faith in this one being a solid title... and I do agree in the end it is of the visual quality of Final Fantasy IX(9) on there.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I never played 9 are you saying
FF9 had better graphics than FF7.....or vice versa? Or are you merly talking about the art style. I just think the graphics exceeded anything I thought the DS was capable of pushing.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF9 was great fun enjoyed it more than FF8 tbqh

FF7 rocks obviously but mainly because it was my first final fantasy
FF6 was the best
FFX the worst (and thats mainly for its dreadful voice acting)

Looking forward to this one although from the trailers I've seen I hope all the boss's aint like the first boss (The turtle) and can be killed in a item and two normal hits..

Still good times good times

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF VIII and FF IX absolutely trounce the new FFIII in terms of visuals, whatever way you look at it, though it's certainly better than FF VII (which has aged pretty badly visually). A comparsion isn't all that fair though considering the systems and type/capacity of media are different, not to mention it's prerendered vs. full 3D. So saying that FF III does look very polished on the DS... there certainly aren't many games on the same system that compete with it visually. Not to mention the DS is in desperate need of some good RPGs! Also looking forward to the new Dragon Quest game, that's shaping up quite nicely.
happy.gif

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FF VIII and FF IX absolutely trounce the new FFIII in terms of visuals, whatever way you look at it, though it's certainly better than FF VII (which has aged pretty badly visually). A comparsion isn't all that fair though considering the systems and type/capacity of media are different, not to mention it's prerendered vs. full 3D. So saying that FF III does look very polished on the DS... there certainly aren't many games on the same system that compete with it visually. Not to mention the DS is in desperate need of some good RPGs! Also looking forward to the new Dragon Quest game, that's shaping up quite nicely.
happy.gif

Dont think anyone is denying that FFX and 8 look better than FF3 on the DS lol It does look pretty damn nice though kinda like FF9 (I liked FF9's style)

DS deffo needs some new RPG's even the psp has more
tongue.gif
although most of em aint that great

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Huge, do you really like large chickens or is it some sort of joke? I don't get it.

Dear Mods I will answer this and get it out of the way,
It all started in Zelda - a LTTP where I found out that you can beat beat the cocks.....you know if you smack em around then a flock will attack you....so yes I found this funny....maybe cause I am originally from the Philippenes where we often have our cocks battle it out for money. There you like to have a nice big cock who is mighter and bigger than the competition....my cock Pedro was unbeatable until my girlfriend asked me to retire my cock and which point it was served for dinner. So yes I liked to beat the cock...or as you say in your country...chicken in my game of Zelda : ALTTP and of course the great OoT. But recently I have just a group called PETA and learned my ways were wrong and thus spend many hours in Harvest Moon for the Gamecube raising my Cock Farm where I wake up and make sure to feed and love my cocks twice a day. Plus Chicken Boo kicks ass, and KFC kicks ass.....except when you get diahreah.....let's close the chapter on my name as it's just a name I like and I think the sig is clever.

On topic,
I never played a full game of FF after 8....booted X and thought it sucked and 9's characters were just too cute.....I guess similar to III but I was not expecting the game to look so good. Never thought a DS game could look like that. Sureley its the best graphical on the DS to date, not to mention the pics and vids usually look worse that the real thing....so if that's true I can't wait to get my hands on this. And thank the stars its turn based. This is my most anticipated game to date and if I didn't have a pile of DSes already I would have bought one just for FFIII. Again my concern is that a lot of games are lacking challenge on the DS and hopefully Square and Nintendo realize this and up the bar. Jesus I am playing New Mario and have 93 freaking guys.

Your signature explains only why you like chickens, not why you like large roosters. Surely you have a good explanation somewhere in that brilliant noggin of yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: